Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Hair breaking or chewed off?

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
Okay, I'm not sure what to call this. Yesterday I noticed my pigs hair was parted funny, but thought nothing of it since her hair just naturally lays weird sometimes (don't know what kinda pig she is, but she looks just like the one in the logo). Well tonight it was still parted funny. When I picked her up to look at it...I noticed that the hair was just shorted. It's not gone, and the skin doesn't look red or irritated anywhere. Could she be itching it and chewing it off? Is it just breaking off?

Any advice would be helpful. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to see what they think but I am about to leave for vacation and really don't have time to take her in. If she does need to go in, I'll have a friend take her.

Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If she can reach the area, she's probably barbering herself. If she lives with another pig, that pig is probably the barber.

There's not really anything to be done about it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.