Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Soft poos with weight gain

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
Chess has had soft poos for a week or so. During that time, he has GAINED more than 50 grams! His cagemate hasn't changed in weight, so it's not that she's eating less and he's finishing the pellets (something like that happened last year, but reversed). I haven't been too worried because he's not losing, and he seems otherwise fine, but this seems highly unusual to me. I will be taking him to the vet to get checked out in a couple of days.
The only environment changes are that the room cooled down with the weather (still was not too cold for guineas, but it was for us) and then we put in a (safe) heater that we keep on all the time, so the temp is back to what the pigs were used to. Chess can be sensitive but hasn't reacted to changing temperature before - in our old place we kept windows open when it was cool out but tolerable, providing warm hiding places for the piggies.

Anyway, has anyone encountered weight gain before when the food intake hasn't changed?
GuineaTV

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.