Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Old to the piggy life, new to being a proper piggie parent

softgoldenboy

Cavy Slave
Hello all!

My name is Lukas and I am defiantly not new to being a piggy parent. I've raised Guinea Pigs for a little close to/over ten years. It was the very first pet I ever owned and its become my favorite animal to raise (Alongside dogs). My most recent pair were two little girls that I named Stellar and Nova (Space themed names). I had them for awhile and then we adopted my dog and things went well with them for awhile but my dog was much to hyper and wanted to play with them (We tested safely to see if she was trying to play or eat them) and I decided that it was unsafe for my Guinea Pigs to live there with my dog (I realize I could have just returned my Dog to the humane society but she had deeply bonded with both my dad and I). My dog has grown older now (She'll be turning 6 in January) and she's a little bit more laidback then she was when we first adopted her. I'm not financially stable enough to have Guinea Pigs as of this current moment but I do want to do research onto what I should be properly feeding them (Don't ask what I fed them before, y'all would not want to know lol), how to properly build a C&C cage, basically just the proper and healthy care for my future heard of Piggies.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Are you planning on breeding again?

softgoldenboy

Cavy Slave
Oh, I never breeded. Just for ten years I've raised Guinea Pigs in general (My longest herd lived to be six but again, improper care)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.