Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where did I find coroplast??

Johanna

Cavy Slave
I called a few sign shops, and didnt have much luck. They werent very helpful. One was only wholesale but it was the cheapest. They wouldnt sell to me. The others either charged for cutting or didnt deliver. I finally called the local art supply store. They are within a mile from where I live. It is $13 a sheet. They cut and deliver for free!! They only have a few colors in stock and unfortunately none of them will match my black grids. I will probably have to wait till next week to get it. My dad worked there for many years. They are a great company and very helpful. I'm excited.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
HA! Matching. My husband brought home sone old signs from his work that we used to construct out upper level. they were Newport signs, with white backing. My bottom level is blue coroplast. Luckily I made it so you can't tell they were Newport signs.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
When you called the sign shops did you tell them it was for making a cage? The reason I ask is when I made mine everyone was very rude and wouldnt even give me a price and then said they cant sell it to the general public. I said look I am trying to make a cage for a pet rescue (which I was as well) and then all the sudden they would sell it to me if i would pick it up.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I didn't tell them that. The last place I called (and the place where I got the coroplast) was awesome. the conversation went something like this:
Them: Sign shop, how can I help you
Me: Do you carry coroplast?
them: are you making a guinea pig cage?
Me: uh, yeah!
Them: It's 20 dollers and we'll cut it for you
Me: I'll be there in an hour!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm wondering what colors DON'T match black grids. Isn't black one of those colors you can pretty much put anything with? Well, maybe not brown, but any primary color, white, clear, black, or gray would work. What colors did they have?

Johanna

Cavy Slave
All they had was white, navy, and yellow in stock. The other colors I had to order.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
The yellow would be pretty, although it might make your cage look a bit like a bumble bee. I have yellow, but my grids are multi-colored primary, so by the time I finish getting everything loaded in, it looks like a pre-schooler went nuts with a box of crayons! What color did you decide to order? Or have you?

Johanna

Cavy Slave
I am going to order on monday. They say that it will only take a day to get in. I have been buying a lot of fleece in different colors and patterns. I wouldnt want anything to collash (sp?). I'm thinking about ordering a dark grey if they have it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.