Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Squealing

Zane18

Cavy Slave
So about two ish weeks ago I thought my guinea pig was sick because she was squealing and had a wet bottom. Her bottom dried up after a couple days and she seems fine. She eats, sleeps, drinks, etc, all normal. She doesn't squeal when I pet her either. But, she has still been squealing but it's not like a happy squeal. Every time she squeals I look over and I noticed that my other guinea pig, which is a girl a few months younger, is always like following her around. So I'm not sure what's going on and if my guinea pigs are hurting each other...

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
she might just be annoyed at the other pig.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs can usually tell when something is wrong with another pig. And if she's being bothered by her cagemate longer than her heat would last (1-2 days), she may have something wrong with her. If she were mine, I'd take her to the vet to be checked out. I've caught more than one illness in a pig because a cage mate was more interested that usual in following her around.

Zane18

Cavy Slave
Alright, I'll try to get her checked out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.