Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

To my new community, just looking for some advice!

KaitlynnRose

Cavy Gazer
I just got my first cavy a few days ago, his name is Crash Bandicavy. I'm just here for some advice on how to get him to become more comfortable with me. He curls up on my chest and under my hair whenever I hold him, which I take to be a great sign, but I just want to know how to make him feel better. I ordered him a C&C cage and should get it next week (the rescue I got him from sold me a good sized one for his current age and size) and I know they're herd animals so once I get that, I'll look into getting him a companion.That would be the other thing I need advice on. I don't know my current baby's age, but I know he's still young. Would it be safe to introduce him to another young one so that they can grow up together. Also, if anyone knows any place in the Central Florida area that I can find his companion, please feel free to share!

I can't wait to dive into the cavy community!

Attachments

Snapchat-919897878.jpg

lisa325

Cavy Slave
LOL what a cute name for a cute piggy. He should do really well with another young piggy, they will grow up together. Yes, it's always good to quarantine, but sometimes young piggies get depressed being alone, so it might be better to forgo the quarantine. A lot depends on where you are getting the second pig from, as Kelsie already pointed out, most rescues have already put them through a quarantine period.
Welcome to the site and good luck with Crash Bandicavy, I hope you manage to find the perfect cage mate for him :).

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you have a snuggly, sweet piggy already! Give him veggie treats sometimes when he is out with you and he will get even more comfortable. I LOVE his name! And he is beautiful.
I have no FL rescue advice, unfortunately, but I wanted to say hi and welcome!

KaitlynnRose

Cavy Gazer
Less than 2 weeks in and I have his new buddy, Marshmallow. He's currently in quarantine and waiting to meet his new friend. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Attachments

Snapchat-1237265191.jpg

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
What a sweetie! Yay for you!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family! You have absolutely adorable pigs and I can't wait to hear all about their adventures together in their new home!

KaitlynnRose

Cavy Gazer
Thanks for the compliments to my babies. The good thing is their big cage hasn't come in yet so both of them can get used to it together and they hopefully won't be all macho over it

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Welcome little Marshmallow, you're so white and fluffy, it's the perfect name for you lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.