Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Hoping to get help with my c&c cage top cover

Ccualumni

Cavy Slave
I made the cage and need to put a top on it. We have enough pieces for the top but I am not sure of a few things.

I would like to attach the top so that so that I can open it like a flip top or to easily remove and put it back on. One side can be semi-permanently attached while the side I open can be latched.

My other concern is that the cage pieces go together, but don't stay together. If we just put the top together and lift it up the pieces will come apart and could fall in the cage.

I would like to attach wood or metal pieces to hold the top pieces together. I will have 8 cage pieces that make the top and was thinking of making two sections with 4 pieces each.

Any suggestions for making a top that attaches, is easy to lift off and doesn't fall apart?

thank you.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Actually, closet shelving makes a MUCH better cage top than grids. You can just lay it on top of the cage, and it will support any house pet that jump on top of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.