Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Not guilty about eating meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEstevam

Cavy Slave
I'm not trying to start a war here, or insult vegetarians. Everyone has the right to make their own decisions on how to live their life. However, I do tend to hate anyone who tries to push their views onto me, whether it be a vegetarian telling me I'm doing something wrong eating meat or a person of a religious faith telling me that my morals are somehow inferior to theirs.

Anywho, I was curious as to how many vegetarians know about a topic brought up in the following post on Maddox's website.

"every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season"....."not only are animals ruthlessly being murdered as a direct result of your diet, but you're not even using the meat of the animals YOU kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill"....."not just leaving them to rot in a field somewhere. That makes you just as morally repugnant than any meat-eater any day."

(broken link removed)

Does anyone have any valid counterpoints to Maddox's article. I'd be very interested to hear them.

I guess it is just a matter of how someone wants to live their life. That is great that you like to eat meat. I personally have chosen not to. That being said I also do not push my views upon anyone. I am the only person in my family who choses not to eat meat. The reason being that I disagree with the way the animals are tortured before slaughter. I do not push my views upon anyone in my family. My husband eats meat as do my children. I feel it is a personal choice and it is not up to me to push that upon them. As for the article I found it to be very rude. Not all people who do not eat meat are tree huggin hippies. The reason I do not eat meat is because of the conditions the animals are raised in. It is not because of the actual killing of the animal itself. My father is a hunter and if he were to shoot a deer chances are I would probably eat some. Why? because it had the opportunity to grow up in the wild and live its life to the fullest while the conditions cows, pigs, and chickens are raised in are deplorable. It may be seen as cruel to kill a deer for its meat but coming from an area where there is an over population of deer I feel it is less cruel for the deer to take a bullet than for it to take the front end of a car. Just my two cents.

babygrl1234 said:
I guess it is just a matter of how someone wants to live their life. That is great that you like to eat meat. I personally have chosen not to. That being said I also do not push my views upon anyone. I am the only person in my family who choses not to eat meat. The reason being that I disagree with the way the animals are tortured before slaughter. I do not push my views upon anyone in my family. My husband eats meat as do my children. I feel it is a personal choice and it is not up to me to push that upon them. As for the article I found it to be very rude. Not all people who do not eat meat are tree huggin hippies. The reason I do not eat meat is because of the conditions the animals are raised in. It is not because of the actual killing of the animal itself. My father is a hunter and if he were to shoot a deer chances are I would probably eat some. Why? because it had the opportunity to grow up in the wild and live its life to the fullest while the conditions cows, pigs, and chickens are raised in are deplorable. It may be seen as cruel to kill a deer for its meat but coming from an area where there is an over population of deer I feel it is less cruel for the deer to take a bullet than for it to take the front end of a car. Just my two cents.

I'm not a vegitarian, I'm juston here to state an opinion on what was just said. I'm the exact opposite of this poster. I'll eat a steak no problem, but not a deer. I don't know why to me there is a difference, there just is. I too found that article very rude and although I don't agree or disagree with it, they really could have phrased quite a few things differently.

Actually this topic has been covered before. You can find the answers in the other thread https://guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4863

This forum is for the support of Vegetarians. It is not for people to join specifically to attack their views.

Any more attempts to "start a war", even if you state you aren't tryng to, will earn you at least a 1 week banning.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.