Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Levels

Anrune

Cavy Slave
Is three levels to high? Cuace that is what I was plannin and I did not know if it was too high or not.

thanks
anrune

Last edited:

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
No it is not to high, you could go as high as you wanted to I suppose.

Anrune

Cavy Slave
No, if you go to high it is harmful to the piggie.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
There's no point that too many levels is dangerous or unhealthy for the pigs. There are a few things to keep in mind when making several levels. Make sure noone can jump or fall to the lower levels, put in guinea pig safe ramps that aren't too steep, and at least 1 level should be big enough for all the guinea pigs without counting the other levels. Also make sure you can clean it and catch the pigs. Lots of people have made 3 level cages and I'm sure if we could still reach the top alot of us would build even more levels. I wish I could connect all of mine so there were 4 levels. The bottom is the boys cage, the 2nd is an empty level so we can lean in and catch the boys or clean the cage, the 3rd level is the girls cage and I'm putting on a 2nd level to their cage which makes the whole setup 4 grids high.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.