PDA

View Full Version : Helloish

waterbreathinq
08-05-17, 05:51 pm
This isnít actually my first post, ĎĎtis my second. Haha anyways my name is Gaby and iím fairly new to guinea pigs- iíve had my two baby girls for about a month. You may have seen my first post about Apricot (hint: sheís actually pregnant with 4 pups) but you havenít even been introduced properly! So here are my pigs : https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170805/ad4f4f481f2709bb5601831f718a83da.jpg the red one is Ginger. Shes a feisty little girl who loves to try to escape, eating peppers, and peeing on people with no warning. The darker one is Apricot. Sheís really quiet, but very sweet, and especially loves grape tomatoes and cuddles. Right now the inside of her looks something like this : https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170805/b604bd8fc185d443f20215b5071d068c.jpg which would be the x-ray that the vet took of her when we went to confirm that yes indeed, she is pregnant. How did I end up with a pregnant pig, you may ask? Well, I was naive and eager to get pigs, so I actually bought them at the pet store. She got pregnant literally days before we got her! (And donít worry, theyíve both been sexed and are definitely girls.) I know now that this is not a practice that should be done and if I ever get more piggies in the future, rest assured that they will be adopted, not bought. Alas, whatís done is done and these two girls are family and I want to give them the best life that I can. Thatís about it so far, but iím still new to this whole thing so if anyone has any tips let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavyTV
08-05-17, 09:05 pm
Hello, Gabby! Welcome! Your girls are beautiful :) I hope Apricot's delivery goes well. I am sure you will have gorgeous, healthy pups running around! Are you planning on keeping any of the babies? Have you thought of names?

I'm very glad to hear that you've learned your lesson from buying animals from the pet stores and you are planning to adopt next time :) Adopting is a wonderful thing and it warms my heart to know that one more person in this world supports it and prefers it over breeding their own animals or buying them from those cruel pet stores.Thank you!

waterbreathinq
08-05-17, 11:16 pm
Hello, Gabby! Welcome! Your girls are beautiful :) I hope Apricot's delivery goes well. I am sure you will have gorgeous, healthy pups running around! Are you planning on keeping any of the babies? Have you thought of names?

I'm very glad to hear that you've learned your lesson from buying animals from the pet stores and you are planning to adopt next time :) Adopting is a wonderful thing and it warms my heart to know that one more person in this world supports it and prefers it over breeding their own animals or buying them from those cruel pet stores.Thank you!

Hi! If she happens to have any girls I would love to be able to keep one of them with mine, but weíll see if my mom is up to the task of a third (veggie costs add up!) I havenít thought of any names yet because I know I most likely canít keep any so I donít want to get attached to them. Iím planning to find homes from my friends first, and then if that fails I will probably see if any local shelters can find good homes for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavyTV
08-06-17, 12:10 pm
Yes, please be sure that the pups go to loving homes (that know what they're doing too of course!) if you don't keep any!