Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing myself and my little piggy!

Erin B

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!
I wanted to stop by and say hello and introduce my piggy, Abby. I adopted her last weekend from a local guinea pig rescue. I had a pig when I was younger and I always loved them. She's about 3-4 months old (or so I'm told) and she's quite shy. But even in just a week, I can see her getting more adventurous and friendly. Her previous owners (before the rescue) didn't feed her fresh veggies so she is still learning that she is supposed to eat them. Once I get the supplies to build a larger C&C cage, I'll find her a female friend so she isn't lonely.
19420848_10155262984600943_6904527792474724912_n.jpg

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Seems like you have a game plan, make sure to rescue her future friend!

Erin B

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Seems like you have a game plan, make sure to rescue her future friend!

I definitely will be! The rescue I got her from doesn't currently have any females available that aren't part of a bonded pair. (I'd love to bring that pair home but I don't have enough room for a cage big enough for three unfortunately). As soon as they have a female, I'll be contacting the same people! They were great to work with and really have the pigs best interest in mind.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! I'm so glad that you seem to be a very knowledgeable owner! Thank you! And by the way, Abby is a really cute guinea pig :) I love tri-colored piggies. Enjoy her.

Shieme

Cavy Slave
I definitely will be! The rescue I got her from doesn't currently have any females available that aren't part of a bonded pair. (I'd love to bring that pair home but I don't have enough room for a cage big enough for three unfortunately). As soon as they have a female, I'll be contacting the same people! They were great to work with and really have the pigs best interest in mind.

Thats the issue I'm facing too. Either I find unbonded male or female pairs. It's hard but hang in There. Also you could leave your information at the rescue place and a time when you are ready.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
You could always bond her with a neutered male if they have one. She doesn't necessarily have to be with a female.

Erin B

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately they don't have a neutered male either! I'll be emailing them today to keep me on a waiting list! :) I'll also contact my local rescue leagues and humane societies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.