Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

guinnea pig pals

C

cynthia

guinnea pig pals

Any suggestions on a pal for my male guinnea pig? I work very long hours and worry that he is getting lonely...
I am aware that mixing rabbits and guinneas can be fatal for both ( I have had that unfortunate experience in the past) Has anyone had a successful pal? Another pig will not work as I do not want babies and he will fight with another male. Any suggestions?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: guinnea pig pals

How old is he? We match up males with other males all the time. It's generally all in who you pick and how you do the introductions.

G

guineagirl

guineapig pals

I have one girl guineapig and my sis has a boy guinea pig. We have put them together to mate lots of times. Everytime we put them together the girl never gets pregnate.We want baby guineapigs. How do we get them?????????????

G

guineagirl

guineapig pals

I have two girl guinea pigs and they hate each other. I have had one for two years the other for one. I didnt get them together. I got one and then a year later i got the other. How do I make them PALS?!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: guineapig pals

Guineagirl,

You are on the wrong site to ask for advice about how to breed. See: cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm

For other questions on combining guinea pigs, see: (broken link removed)

L

laurengillandershotmailcom

A friend for your guineapig

when one of our guineapigs died, we were left with the other but we did not want to buy another in case on a disease so we bought a soft teddy (toy), and the guineapig is very comfortable now, we often se her cuddeling up to her new found friend!
From
Lauren Gillanders.

L

Leona James

pals

Hiya cynthia,I know that this posting has been around for some time now so i,m not sure if you got this sugestion or not. but here goes anyways.... I had two females and one had passed away leving a sad & lonly little girl. While looking around for a new bubby for her I fell for a handsom fella (gp) I just couldn't pass him by. So I took him home, and started to ask the local vets if any of them had experiance with nuttering gps. I found at least two who had lots of exp, but witch one two choose... it was a tough decision, but if I wanted my two piggies togther choose I did. now I have two perfectly happy little piggies of oppiset genders and no worries of young ones
I hope thi sug. helps

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.