Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Beefy the Piggy

Lady_Magoo

Cavy Slave
Beefy our large male guinea pig, no joke, is the most SOCIAL piggy we have ever owned. He will sit on my lap for easily half an hour without pooping or peeing on me. He also puts his poop into a corner. He is only about a year old. He also climbs up on our shoulders and puts his head down and relaxes.

While we were cleaning his new cage from all the cob webs and dust from being in the garage, we placed him into the tote that we move our piggies to while we are cleaning their cages. He was calm and happy, eating and doing well....

An hour later, you would of thought someone was killing him inside that cage. I tried feeding him his veggies, talking to him. We even decided to try a smaller cage, thinking maybe the bigger one made him panic more...Still not accepting this. The last straw was when I opened the cage with a smaller bowl, thinking maybe a larger bowl wasn't giving him enough room, and he literally jumped through the door and into my arms. Place him back into the clear plastic tote (without the lid on it of course!)...perfectly fine. So, he is in there with all his bedding and necessities. He is even using an old toboggan hat as his bed...loves it! Cries when I move it out.

Has anyone ever had "issues" with their piggies like this?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yep. They get weirded out about the strangest things. He'll get over it. But in the meantime, you might try turning the tote on its side in the larger cage. Maybe he'll be happy with that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.