Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Intro from Iowa - hi all!

bekkanblue

Cavy Gazer
Hi everybody! I just adopted 2 awesome cavies yesterday from the shelter. Lily is an abyssinian and Nugget is a Texel. Pics are all on my phone tho', oops! I'm an emerg/ICU vet tech at a 24/7 vet hospital in Iowa and they get to go with me tomorrow for their well-piggy checks. They've seemed to settle in nicely, just moved them to their new cage and they're chowing down on some hay with a 1 cat audience. Look forward to learning from everyone!

My Squeakhearts

Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hopefully seeing some pigtures of your two guineas soon!

Happy Cavy

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Lily is an abyssinian and Nugget is a Texel. I'm an emerg/ICU vet tech at a 24/7 vet hospital in Iowa and they get to go with me tomorrow for their well-piggy checks.

Hello and welcome to the Forum! We're always delighted to welcome another healthcare professional and in your case, a cavy-savvy vet tech! ;) I suspect that you will contribute a lot to the collective body of knowledge. Hmmm.......another person who uses the term "well piggy visit/checkup". I once accompanied a pediatrician on her rounds who did "well baby checkups" and that's where I first heard the term.

I've been passionate about Abbys for 30 years and the only other breed that I have had was a Texel (avatar pic). If you need any hair-cutting tips for keeping Nugget groomed and clean, feel free to PM me. Again, welcome to our sometimes dysfunctional family!

RodneyLuv30

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome. Im so jealous of your job! Is this your first set of piggies?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! Can you tell yet that we're all "cavy crazy"?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.