Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast sources that will ship?

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
I've moved since we built our cage and the base was broken during the move beyond repair. I had a car that could haul a large piece from home depot before. Now I don't.

My girls are in a store bought cage hiding from me right now not happy with their tiny space. But I cant justify $76 to ship a $15 sheet of coroplast.

Anyone know of anyplace that will ship it for a reasonable shipping fee?

I need to get them situated in larger quarters again.

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can roll coroplast.
Follow the steps here:
(broken link removed)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto [MENTION=11509]lissie[/MENTION].

Shipping a large piece of coroplast is going to be expensive because of the size.

Laura Rebecca

Cavy Slave
I had the same problem. I just ubered to a home depot and requested an SUV uber that would be able to fit the coroplast lol

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
before I found the sign shop by me that would sell me full sheets, I have ordered from the cage store a few times. It's not as cheap as going to the sign shop but it's not $76 to ship either. And for those using a uber or cab you are saving that money too. And you have many colors to choose from and that was great! And yes, I did lay it out and taped it back to a full sheet to make a base. Clear gorilla tape works great. It's $30.00 for the full sheet. And you also have the bases already cut and folded for you. To me this is well worth it if you are having trouble finding coroplast and using cabs to get to it.

https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/coroplast-bases

https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/coroplast-sheet-thirds#

lissie

Cavy Slave
When I rolled a sheet, it could fit in the back seat of my Honda Civic.

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Thanks alll!

When you rolled it, did it crease or wrinkle?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
before I found the sign shop by me that would sell me full sheets, I have ordered from the cage store a few times. It's not as cheap as going to the sign shop but it's not $76 to ship either. And for those using a uber or cab you are saving that money too. And you have many colors to choose from and that was great! And yes, I did lay it out and taped it back to a full sheet to make a base. Clear gorilla tape works great. It's $30.00 for the full sheet. And you also have the bases already cut and folded for you. To me this is well worth it if you are having trouble finding coroplast and using cabs to get to it.

https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/coroplast-bases

https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/coroplast-sheet-thirds#

THANK YOU.

It's only roughly $20 to ship a 2x4 grid-sized Coroplast cage base from CT to CA from the (broken link removed). Cut and scored AND professionally cut holes with awesome plastic rivets to secure the flaps in your choice of 16 great colors of Coroplast. Best deal around if you ask me. The extra value of what you get helps offset the shipping.

How about talking this up to people to HELP SUPPORT THIS FORUM (which literally costs hundreds of dollars a month) and the Guinea Pig Finder site (international rescue and adoption) -- ALL funded by the tiny, little bit of profit we manage to eek out of the two stores (Cages and Market). :)

lissie

Cavy Slave

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Just left Lowes. All they had were half sheets. Grrr. I think I got it at Home Depot last time. Off to check now.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I know not all HD's are the same, but I looked at Coro when I was in my HD the other day, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought I could buy what looked like a full sheet of white. They never carry colors, just white. BUT, their 'sheet' was 36" x 72" -- not big enough for any C&C cage with proper walls. So, just really confirm that the SHEET of CORO you buy is 4'x8' or 48"x96". You can pre-order a 4'x8' and have it shipped to the local store if they don't have any.

(You could have had your perfect coro in your color from our store by now. Just sayin'... driving around, gas, searching, not finding, pigs unhappy, yadda yadda... there is a cost to all of that which never gets factored in, then hope you cut and score right the first time.)

Last edited:

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Hey...where did my post go? I must have deleted it lol. Anywho...I got it at Home Depot. It's large enough. I scored it fine last time so it should be ok this time. Wprking on layouts now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.