Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is this size okay???

Skydom95

Cavy Gazer
Hey everyone, so I'm not a guinea pig owner yet and probably won't be for a while as I still have a bit of convincing to do... But I have been thinking about the cage I'd like to build when I do get them and am a little worried it won't be good enough.
I plan on adopting a pair from a nearby animal shelter once everything's in place and want to give them the best life possible. Everywhere I've looked says a space of at least 2' x 5' for a pair and that's where my problem is. The ideal dimension for a cage in the space I have would be 18" x 3' (but the 18" can be made a full 2 foot with a bit of fiddling) and then I was thinking of making it a two or three story cage for more space. Does this sound good? I couldn't find much on multi-level cages for guinea pigs so I'm starting to doubt if this would be a good idea but I thought I would still ask experienced owners on the off chance it'll work.
Thanks in advance for any feedback <3

lissie

Cavy Slave
Thank you for doing homework before adopting.

Guinea pigs are ground dwellers and need large space to run laps. Multi-level cages are not suitable for them.
See this page for more info:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/

Skydom95

Cavy Gazer
That's what I thought. Thank you, lissie. If I'm going to get guinea pigs I want them to be as happy as piggly possible so I'll try to figure something else out or look into other animals. Thank you again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.