Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C 20x40", or 30x42" C&C integrated into shelving unit?

Alan Dyke

Cavy Gazer
Right now, I'm sitting at 2 options. I have 17x39 store cage which works for our little 2 month old for now (we also have a collapsible ~36x48 pen for running around indoors and can be taken outside.

The 17x39 fits almost perfectly in the space, but it's more like a bowl and actual piggy space is probably more like 15.5x37 since the base is somewhat bowl shaped. To fit a new cage in the same location, the max I can go is 20x40" and would have to do some sort of overlapped grid C&C, possibly with a ledge. But aside from an open top and no bowl shape, I don't know that he's gaining a ton of room.

Alternatively, I have a shelving unit that has doors on the bottom 2 shelves, and bookshelves above. I was thinking of making a 2x2 grid outside the shelves, and then taking the doors off and integrating the lower shelf with the 2x2 to make basically a ~3x3 lower area, and a ramp up to the 1x2 second shelf.

There's also a second bookshelf next to the first one, that I could make a solid pipe bridge and he could have an additional 1x2 on the upper level (1x4 upper in total) and use the lower shelf for food storage.

He's out of his cage in the open pen a couple times per day for running around and social activity, and honestly - if it's just for night time I'm not too concerned about he store cage for just sleeping.

Thoughts?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.