Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ugh a lot of these cages upset me =(

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Some of those pictures are so disturbing , especially the one on the 3rd page of all those pigs cramped into little tiny cages , It looks so dirty . And most of these people on there are proud of there little cages and hutches !

Last edited:

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Nice pro-breeder site. Real classy. Two thumbs up for the 1x1 toilets. Excuse my sarcasm but I am beyond crabby today and have to let it out somewhere.

a few do give nice ideas for non C and C cages.
There are some great non C&C cage ideas right here on this site too.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I couldn't even go passed the third page. Poor piggies. To live where they use the bathroom, why can't people realize that their piggies would be MUCH happier and healthier in the bigger cages. Maybe those that actually have the C&C cages will rub off on those other small minded...er I mean cages.

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. I wish everyone had a c&c cage.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Geez man! I wish we could just get the word out about C&C cages on a big level. Like TV or something. I think people just don't know better.
Right there on the first page there are two pigs housed with a bunny! And did y'all see that purple cage on the first page? They said 2 pigs lived there. Poor babies. :(

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Geez, I feel claustrophobic now.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Grrr. More people with pet store skinny pigs in Ontario. When will it stop!

I cringe when I see baby skinny pigs in pet stores (I usually only see them it PJ's pets but I heard SuperPet sells them too) Who knows what idiot with $120 burning a hole in their pocket will buy them. The sign over top always says things like "easy starter pet" or "Just like furry GPs"

I couldn't get past page 2.

Shenanigans

Cavy Slave
Skinny pigs are sold at Petland here in Las Vegas and at the exotic pet stores down town

CavyCrazyChris

Cavy Slave
Zeander said:
I wish we could just get the word out about C&C cages on a big level. Like TV or something.

Actually, a really good way to spread the word would simply be to post comments/suggestions on C&C cage in those website's forums and guestbooks.

It's a small start, but like it goes... you tell one person, they tell one, and so on and so forth.

~Chris S.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
It's great, the first person I showed my C&C Cage to was like 'Wholy ****! Would you care if I used your idea?' I told her 'This was not my idea' and to make as many as she wanted. So a good advertisment is simply talking about it or showing it off. If your in the pet store (terrible place as it may be) strike up a conversation with someone looking at cages. As soon as people find out the price that will be there main motivation. Those cages were TINY! :sick: those poor guineas have to live in thier filth. It's like if I lived in my bathroom and got my boyfriend to clean once a week!

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
My boyfriends quote - 'It looks like a jail...'

(broken link removed)

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Probably best not to start this discussion again. It caused a lot of trouble the last time with people from the other forum signing up to diss C&C cages.

smoot

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I recognize the pics from previous heated discussions. Best let sleeping trolls lie.

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hmm the small couple of people have posted nice runs and there was one c@c grid cage that looked ok but other than that...way to many of those pigs are overcramped....my main ones i dislike the most are the people that house them in those small rat style cages.
Like this one...
05_31_3.jpg

This is just appauling...and this person is a " superior member " of their forum...

And this image:
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/marcrox247/P1010023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
There are no words to describe the filth I saw on those sites/ pictures. uhg some, no most of those cages were way to small and so Dirty.
I cant believe some people said they thought the cages were huge.

I think they need re-educating about proper guinea pig care. The pictures on page 3 made me sick.:mad:

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
I agree with your boyfriend Chloe-Jasmine.
Half those people aren't even breeders, so they only have one or two pigs yet still don't manage to give them adequate housing? There's no excuse.
Some of them are great though, like the last one on page six. Probably should have some more huts, but then again she may have taken them out for the photo or they could be up the other end!
I see one of our members has joined and posted some great pics of her cage. Yay!

Last edited:

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
It is sad.:sad: I used to have cages similar, but I managed to find the time and space to build them bigger cages.. why can't these people? I have fifteen and managed to build them roomy c&c cages. Most of the people on there have even less guinea pigs than me or a few more.. so if I can do it - why can't they?:(

odo01

Cavy Slave
Don't give up, keep working at it - the word is spreading.

Having had pigs in the family for many years I would never have housed them in a store brought cage knowing how much ours always enjoyed charging around in their huge garden runs - but trying to work out how I was going to build them an indoor pen was puzzling me. I've found the alternative cages on this site extremley useful in designing a home for my boys; and hence they've had a large indoor pen since their arival home. Ok, so in typical pig style they're not happy with the way I arrange their boxes and tunnels and insit on organising things to their liking - but at least they've got plenty of room to do this.

I've since given a link to this site to a friend, who has since sworn to re-house her pigs when they move in the spring. (her pigs are kept in a largeish hutch atm. not a store cage)

So, if everyone passes the link on, word will spread. Possibly not fast enough in some cases:sad:, but at least it's a start.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I'd love to go on there and post something!:sad: :yuck: :grumpy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.