PDA

View Full Version : C&C WOW c&c cages are LARGE!

NScotia
02-17-17, 08:06 pm
So we just built our first ever c&c cage. Pictures in the morning as it's dark! It's MASSIVE. It's a 2x5 and by photos, I had assumed we'd need a 2x8 lol! WOW are they ever large! My boys are just about to go into it for the first time! SO excited to see them excited :) WELL worth the upgrade! Don't let photos fool you! 2X4 and 2X5 is quite large!

Tam Piggy love
02-17-17, 08:45 pm
So we just built our first ever c&c cage. Pictures in the morning as it's dark! It's MASSIVE. It's a 2x5 and by photos, I had assumed we'd need a 2x8 lol! WOW are they ever large! My boys are just about to go into it for the first time! SO excited to see them excited :) WELL worth the upgrade! Don't let photos fool you! 2X4 and 2X5 is quite large!

Yes, they are very big! I have the 2x5 also, it is about 6.5' long! But if you have the space they are perfect for piggy's! My boys love all the room. And I love watching them run and play! The picture is very deceptive when it comes to the size. I even measured my space before ordering my pen, and I knew how much space it would take up. But once I had the actual pen and got it constructed I was amazed at how big it actually was! But they are the only pens I will use. And what I suggest to anyone who asks. Can't wait to see your pics!

NScotia
02-18-17, 09:06 am
It's impossible for me to get the whole cage in one photo! lol. It takes up one whole side of the wall in a spare room! (our first attempt at a c&c cage ever) the boys love it!

lunarminx
02-18-17, 10:01 am
Can I ask why you are using a lid? if it's because of a cat you may want to reinforce the lid somewhat. I have cats that love to lay in the cage and they will lay on the lid if I decide to use of. I use Wonder bars(from the cage store) to go across the cage and I use extra grids to make the lid heavy duty. 81681 That would be for the front so a lip was hanging over. On the back row I just had an extra one used on top of every two. And yes as long as you added the extra and was careful not to cover the flip line you were fine with flipping open the cover.
https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/candc-wonder-bars

trailhermit
02-18-17, 10:54 am
I also agree on the reinforcement. I bent a grid to form a circle and use is for additional support. Originally I attached it, but I prefer to have it loose and move it for cleaning purposes. I also have two separate sections on the front half of so I don't have to open the whole cage to feed them.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

trailhermit
02-18-17, 10:57 am
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/b802f21db4896c6d0f501ae1dfb37d15.jpg

Tam Piggy love
02-18-17, 11:24 am
Yes, I would definitely use the wonder bars! I have 2 cats who like to lay on top of the cage, and I lay a folded blanket on the back portion of the cover to make it less scary for the pigs, and so the cats paws cant get in while they lay on it. The front half I can still easily flip open. But I agree with everyone else, if you are using a cover because of other pets you will want to use the wonder bars. If you purchased the XL standard covered cage (2X5) It should have included the wonder bars. And the cover will be in 2 sections. (left and right)

NScotia
02-18-17, 12:19 pm
Our pets don't bother the pigs at all and are too scared to walk/jump/stand on the cage. They ignore them. There is also a door on the room to close so they can't get in at night.

Tam Piggy love
02-18-17, 01:33 pm
What is the reason you are using a cover? You don't really have to worry about guinea pigs climbing out and escaping. An open top cage might be an easier/better idea for you. Unless, you have a reason to need a cover? If I didn't have cats I would have an open top cage for sure.

lunarminx
02-18-17, 01:40 pm
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/b802f21db4896c6d0f501ae1dfb37d15.jpg

I did that when I had my stacked 3x3 cages.

lunarminx
02-18-17, 01:47 pm
Yes, I would definitely use the wonder bars! I have 2 cats who like to lay on top of the cage, and I lay a folded blanket on the back portion of the cover to make it less scary for the pigs, and so the cats paws cant get in while they lay on it. The front half I can still easily flip open. But I agree with everyone else, if you are using a cover because of other pets you will want to use the wonder bars. If you purchased the XL standard covered cage (2X5) It should have included the wonder bars. And the cover will be in 2 sections. (left and right)

My last adopted cat decided not to bug the pigs so we quit with the lid as the other two love to go in the cage and the pigs are use to those two cats. Luna has a short chubby body and she just can't jump so easy. But here is Paul and Andy in the cage.

816848168581686 Andy the black and white cat has been sleeping in the various cages since I started with the pigs. Paul just discovered the hay about two years ago and now goes in a few times a day to eat hay with them.

CavyTV
02-18-17, 02:08 pm
Lol lol That looks so strange. Can't believe how calm your pigs look

NScotia
02-18-17, 02:36 pm
What is the reason you are using a cover? You don't really have to worry about guinea pigs climbing out and escaping. An open top cage might be an easier/better idea for you. Unless, you have a reason to need a cover? If I didn't have cats I would have an open top cage for sure.

As first time piggie owners, we're a bit nervous they may eventually climb or somehow get out lol! It's a fear! We had the extra grids so we decided to use them :)!

NScotia
02-18-17, 02:37 pm
My last adopted cat decided not to bug the pigs so we quit with the lid as the other two love to go in the cage and the pigs are use to those two cats. Luna has a short chubby body and she just can't jump so easy. But here is Paul and Andy in the cage.

816848168581686 Andy the black and white cat has been sleeping in the various cages since I started with the pigs. Paul just discovered the hay about two years ago and now goes in a few times a day to eat hay with them.

That is adorable! I am hoping to introduce ours eventually, but giving it a lot more time lol. They're not really interested or intrigued at all, they tend to ignore them fully, but I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable just allowing them to hop on in lol!

trailhermit
02-18-17, 03:39 pm
That is adorable! I am hoping to introduce ours eventually, but giving it a lot more time lol. They're not really interested or intrigued at all, they tend to ignore them fully, but I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable just allowing them to hop on in lol!
My kitty just sneaks in occasionally. The pigs go on as though everything is normal. I'm the one who has the heart attack!

lunarminx
02-18-17, 04:15 pm
Lol lol That looks so strange. Can't believe how calm your pigs look

It only took a few times for them to realize Andy just wanted to sleep in the tunnels or the hay and Paul just wanted to eat the hay. The only time they bat at them is if I have the lid on the cage or they will reach up from the floor and put their paw into the cage. The pigs will nibble at their feet which will send the cats running.