Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

uggh

amfeider

Cavy Slave
I was at petnotsosmart yesterday (my parents dont agree with my anti-petstore belief) and the guinea pigs were 12% off with your pet perks card! uggh:guilty:

redrocketpop

Cavy Slave
Discount guinea pigs...*shakes head*. It's sickening to know someone could buy a pet the same way you can buy bread...with a discount card. It does make me laugh, though, that at my local shelter the adoption fee for a pig is $5. It makes me want to hang out at our PetSmart around the small animal cage and tell people that.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I noticed they did that with small animals too. Before I found my hale bale source they were the only place to get jumbo bages of hay. Last time I went it was gerbils that were 12% off.

Some shelters here only charge $6, but the one I adopted Spinel from charged me a $21.50 adoption fee. It's kinda sad considering the level of care at that facility.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
:mad: I hate that. I once saw an hamster on sale for like 4 dollars because no one wanted her and she was getting "too old."

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Not only small animals but big ones too. Yesterday while walking past the petshop at my local mall two foxie pups were on "SALE!! 50% OFF!".
Grrrrrrrrrrr.

__ben

Cavy Slave
If you go to the "We Love Pets" after easter the rabbits are half off.... Normally their 8-10 dollars, a 4 year old could afford the half off price!!!

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
My parents also do not believe in my anti-petstore belief. ><.
Ahh I can't believe I have a PetPerks card!

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. I hate that kind of stuff!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Petco does that a lot. Some places will give you a free gp if you buy a cage.

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
rabbitsncavyluv said:
Petco does that a lot. Some places will give you a free gp if you buy a cage.

That happens around here too. There is one place, not so local, but it is I believe the equivalent to a puppy farm...but selling guinea pigs and rabbits...they give you two free guinea pigs if you buy a hutch! Very generous of them.

I have seen older male guinea pigs, obviously the ones they haven't sold as babies in the usual pet store chain "reduced."
I once took 2 adult males that were sitting in a pet shop cage "free to good home." I just couldn't leave them there...both went to lovely homes.

Alas pet shops and breeding establishments have no shame and certainly no interest in animal welfare.

Barbara

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.