Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Mess!

Hansel

Cavy Slave
I have been on the fleece here for a couple weeks and am glad that I switched. Its easy to pick the poops out and makes almost zero mess on the floor around the cage. The only thing I DONT like is that hay gets all over the place. I tried stuffing it in a toliet paper tube but they still made a mess...and ate the tube! Are there any good solutions for a hay mess? Do racks work? Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Maybe make a second floor and just have hay in it, like a 1x2 second floor.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Here's how I solved that problem: https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4006&password=&sort=1&cat=506&page=7
Bunnybale hayboxes are also useful. I really hate those mesh hayracks because they restrict the guinea pigs too much. Guinea pigs like to sort through their hay and play in it not just pick whatever pieces are near the front of the hayrack. They also love laying on hay and digging through hay so it doesn't seem fair to confine all of it where they can barely get it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.