Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Bean has medication and is acting strange

natashatl

Cavy Slave
Hi, bean had been to the vet a few weeks ago bc she had massive scabs all over her and wouldn't stop biting them, they found that she just had extremely dry skin and gave her meds. But a few days ago my mom and I had to rush her to the vet bc she was bleeding alot from the scab and had made a deep inch long slice (enough to to stain her fur) and was crying. The vets shaved the area around the scab and put a bandage for the night n told us to come in the next day. The thing s my mom had to bring her bc I have to go to school. The doctors prescribed bean 4 meds (3 syringe and a ointment) my mom doesn't remember if the doctors said that the meds would make her drowsy and such. But now we're noticing that she isn't being normal, she's running away and looking horrified at us, and she's supposed to eat with the meds BT weve been having to force her bc after taking the meds she refuses to eat anything. She hasn't even been standing at the cage and wheeling for food. I'm not sure if it's bc of all the change (we had to limit amount of hay bc it could cut her slice even more, and we had to replace her shavings with fleece. I'm not sure if she is acting strange bc of all the changes and the cut is hurting her still or if the meds are doing what they're supposed to. Please lmk f you think bean is okay? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We have no idea unless we know exactly which meds were prescribed, what the strength of the medication is, how many times a day she gets a dose of each, and how much of each she's being given.

Where on her body are the scabs?

Don't restrict her hay. She'll wind up with tooth problems, and then you'll really be in trouble with her.

natashatl

Cavy Slave
We have no idea unless we know exactly which meds were prescribed, what the strength of the medication is, how many times a day she gets a dose of each, and how much of each she's being given.

Where on her body are the scabs?

Don't restrict her hay. She'll wind up with tooth problems, and then you'll really be in trouble with her.
I'm not home rn but I'll be sure to add that information. And we didn't limit the hay majorly we just give her a bit more when she starts to run out

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.