Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Will the cage be good enough

George Gurgis

Cavy Gazer
Hey Guys,

I posted for the first time yesterday and now I have a question about cages. I was looking at the cage store on this website and I absolutely love them. However since I am bringing my piggies with me to college (the whole reason I got them), I was wondering if the small deluxe cage listed on the website would be okay for my two girls? If they get along well would it be okay to keep them in that cage while im at college and then I can get a bigger cage for my room when I come back for the summer?

pouty

Cavy Slave
Do you mean the 2x3 C&C cage? I just ordered a 2x4 base so they can have more room, but my 2 girls have been living in a 2x3 with a loft for a year, with multiple hideys, and they get along beautifully. I have never had an issue. They currently have 3 hideys and half the time they sleep in the same hidey together...if theyre well bonded a 2x3 should work fine for 2. Make sure to give them plenty of floor time too!!

Edit:

1x2-small-partial.jpg
This is the 2x3 with a loft that my girls have been living in. 0 fighting, lots of cuddling. The bigger you can get the cage, the better for your fur babies obviously. But this is the only one I had room for for a long time and it's been a wonderful home for them..0 complaints. It's bigger than it looks in the picture. I fit in this cage myself.

George Gurgis

Cavy Gazer
Yea I want to get that cage without the cover on it for my dorm room and hopefully I can get a 2x4 for the summer when I come home from college. Thanks for the input!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.