PDA

View Full Version : URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Piggie separation

cat22
12-27-16, 05:55 pm
I have two guinea pigs and they have been together for a while they are very close and sleep together recently I had to take one of the piggies to the vet because she had an upper respiratory infection I got medication and the vet said I need to seperate them until she feels better. I'm worried on how my piggies are feeling they have been with each other for months and now they are seperated. Will they get lonley?? What can I do to make them not be upset??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bpatters
12-27-16, 06:28 pm
I'd put them back together. They've both been thoroughly exposed to whatever the sick one has, and she's now on medication so not contagious. That vet's out of date, IMO.

I've never had a cagemate get a URI from another pig in the cage.

TheFurryFriends
12-28-16, 11:13 am
I was going to say something similar to bpatters. ^ I would feel the other one is already exposed either way. I say keep them together!

cat22
12-28-16, 11:23 am
I woke up this morning and my piggie had passed away.Thank you for all your advice. I appreciate it. I was going to put them together but I figured I would give her one night. RIP Trix-c.

bpatters
12-28-16, 11:45 am
I'm so sorry you lost her.

cat22
12-28-16, 11:46 am
It's okay I know she is in a better place now. She acted as if she was in alot of pain.