PDA

View Full Version : Maia Passed.

Slap Maxwell
11-12-05, 05:33 pm
After writing a long email to her rescuer, I need to just paste it here. I am crying too much to write something else.

Maia became very ill on Monday morning. She was fine that night, but in the morning she refused to come get her pellets. I right away separated her and started hand feeding her, which she wanted no part in. I had her on Bactrim for a day until I got some Baytril and Flagyl to give her. She was on Critical Care, baby food, mashed veggies, anything I could get into her. She just hated eating and was puffed up and ill looking, breathing hard and fast.

I brought her to my therapy appointment on Wednesday and hand fed her throughout the session. She fought the syringe and was just so miserable looking. I did not have school on Thursday because of NEASC, so I could keep an eye on her. Thursday morning came and she looked so terrible. I called the vet and made an appointment for 12:20. I brought her out to feed her again. She fought the syringe so hard and strained herself, she went limp. I layed her down and she died at 9:36 AM.

My dear, sweet Maia. I hate to say I have favorites but she was it. She was my confidence pig, the one that got me through the hard times of my disease, hard times with family, everything. She loved taking naps with me on my blanket. She was the only pig that let me catcjh her without a fuss. She would come up on the bars and give me kisses.

I like to think I gave her a good life, rescuing her from you and giving her all my love.

We burried her outside in a box with her favorite toy, a stuffed giraffe. My brother etched her name into a rock.

I can't stop crying. I have been crying writing this entire email. I hate to wake up and not hear her, she was always the loudest. I hate when it hits me that she is not there. I miss her so much and it hurts me so badly to think of her.

I have always dealt with the deaths of my animals in passive ways, until her. I was never as close or as responsible, in any way, for any of them- as I was her.

I just am so heartbroken. I don't know how you do this, Cindy. I am so lost with the passing of Maia. You deal with this everyday. I could never hold up a job or a relationship dealing with this as many times as you have.

I just remember the other pigs need me just as much as she did. They are there for me, too. Just not in the same way.

I need to thank member Amanda and her husband for getting me through this. Who else would deal with me crying on the phone after this? Not the typical person.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/slaps_pigs/Maia/ec09637e.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/slaps_pigs/Maia/IMG00152.jpg

Slap Maxwell.

guineapiglvr14
11-12-05, 05:41 pm
I am really sorry for your loss Dagwell. She looks very sweet. I am pretty sure she had a very good life with you.

C&K
11-12-05, 05:43 pm
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am sure that you made her life very happy.
It hurts really bad right now, but with time, you will remember the good times you both shared, and I am sure they will be very dear memories in your heart.

She really was a cutie!

SugarSpice
11-12-05, 05:45 pm
Im so sorry for your loss , She was such a beauty .

JennG
11-12-05, 05:48 pm
She was such a sweet looking girl. I'm so so sorry for your loss!

VoodooJoint
11-12-05, 05:50 pm
B
I am so sorry about this. I know you did your best for her. No one can ever say that you aren't devoted to your lovely pets. Maia died knowing comfort and love. Not many animals get that priviledge.

Hang in there sweetie.

Slap Maxwell
11-12-05, 05:54 pm
Thank you so much Elly, and others. I know this will pass.

I would order a crochet cavy of her from you, E, but I know since she is an abby and agouti it is a pain, I am sure you have quite a waiting list, too.

<EDIT> Note to Ly:

In the last few days she had, she slept in your cavy cave. She loved it. It is very special to me now.

dagwellismypigy
11-12-05, 06:18 pm
Slap, I'm so sorry for you're loss! You did everything you could and she had a wonderful life with you. She'll be waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge in giant parsley fields.

Amanda
11-12-05, 06:23 pm
Slap,
You know who this is. I am very sad and have felt your sadness since you told me. Maia was an angel and I know she was dear to you. Remember the good times with her and remember that Amanda and I are here for you. She was a beautiful girl as was my Sunnie. :weepy:

BabyGrl
11-12-05, 06:43 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Ly&Pigs
11-12-05, 06:54 pm
In the last few days she had, she slept in your cavy cave. She loved it. It is very special to me now.
I am crying now. I am glad she was comforted by her cavy cave. She had a wonderful life with you Bailey. We all know how much you loved her. I am so very sorry you lost her. *hugs*

Also know that you can email or pm me anytime you need to honey. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I am always here for you.

Carissa
11-12-05, 06:56 pm
Your email brought tears to my eyes. She was a beautiful pig and my thoughts are with you.

My Baby Mu
11-12-05, 06:58 pm
Hang in there, Slap. I'm so sorry. You gave her a great life and you did all you could for her.

LuvMyPiggers
11-12-05, 07:01 pm
Aww Slap :(

We all know you gave her a great life, a big C&C cage, good pellets, lots of veggies and fresh hay, and LOTS of love. No one could ever replace you as her owner. You take such great care of your pigs.

Hang in there *Hugs from Eeyore, Piglet, and Roo*

LMP

RyanR
11-12-05, 07:19 pm
I'm so sorry Slap. It's hard losing a guinea pig. I'm still feeling the effects of Nugget's passing. Hang in there, God will see you through.

Marlania
11-12-05, 07:26 pm
I'm sorry to hear about Maia's passing. Poor little thing. Take care, Slap.

CuteButShyPig
11-12-05, 07:33 pm
:sorry: Oh my Slap! She was so beautiful! I am so sorry for you loss, everything will end out alright in the end but I know what you are going through. You know that she was loved and that she loved you back just as much as you loved her. You are a great gp mom and you can definitly tell she knew that.

Herbie Girl
11-12-05, 07:34 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this is a hard time right now but hugs to you.

Becky

Sweetywheety
11-12-05, 08:12 pm
I'm so sorry:( I know how much pain you're going through. She was a beautiful piggie.

twofinepigs
11-12-05, 08:13 pm
I'm sorry, Slap. It just breaks your heart to lose your boon companion. But you know for sure, as sure as anything is right in this world, that Maia will be taken care of just as you would have, in safe fields forever.

Amanda
11-12-05, 08:22 pm
I am talking to Slap on the phone. This is coming from her. "Thank you all for your support. You are really helping me get through."

daftscotslass
11-13-05, 01:44 am
Slap, I am so, so sorry. It is awful to lose such a close friend. Beautiful pictures. I'm here if you need me, too.

cavypaulita
11-13-05, 03:27 am
I"m so so sorry...

seeing the pictures, and reading that made me cry.

I'm truly sorry for your loss :weepy: .

it's really hard to lose a pet that has been with us during hard times and has comforted us so much and given us so much unconditional love.

She was loved...and she felt that love and you gave her all the best- That is what I would try to hang on to if I lost one of my dear pets..

I'm so sorry

take care,
Pauli

cavy-cool-crazy
11-13-05, 03:42 am
I am so, so sorry Bailey. Maia had a fantastic life with you and she knows how much you loved her and how devoted you were to her. My thoughts are with you. :hug:

Teria
11-13-05, 06:51 am
I'm sorry, too. :( *hugs Slap*

Fluffball
11-13-05, 07:48 am
No comforting words can truely take away the pain of loosing a loved one. She wasnt just your pet she was your best friend... and that bond can never be broken even in her passing. She will always be with you in your heart, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Slap Maxwell
11-13-05, 09:59 am
Thank you everyone. I know this feeling will pass and things will get better.

It is just the small stuff that hurts that you don't realize, like when I bring the pigs a snack and have to take four tomatoes instead of five, just the petty stuff.

You are all a wonderful support group. Thank you so much.

ScottandDebbie
11-13-05, 10:08 am
Slap... As I was reading your post, I was blinking back the tears. Oh Now Awfully Sad. Now... I am crying.

I am so SORRY for you. I am certain Maia had a wonderful life filled with tons for love from you. She will ALWAYS be alive in you heart.

Gentle Hugs to You.

pink_cottonball
11-13-05, 11:21 am
So sorry, ot here about your loss, we're all here for you. I have never went through this before, but I still am sorry to here about it. Just remeber the good times you shared, and be thankful for the time you did have together. Sorry. :'(

happimommaof2
11-13-05, 11:30 am
I am so sorry for your loss you are in my thoughts. If you need anything or just need to talk pm me I know we dont know eachother but I am here for you also.

Take care,
Amanda :(

Lacy&Buttercup
11-13-05, 11:42 am
I am so sorry to hear about you losing your precious friend. I've never lost a guinea pig but have lost my dogs. I know the pain is unbearable but it will get easier. Just try to focus on the good times you shared. You will be in my prayers.

Sabriel
11-13-05, 11:48 am
I am so sorry for your loss Slap. I know how much you loved her. Know I am always here online for you to lean on. :( RIP little Maia. Lina sends kisses for you. I wish she was with you to comfort you.

JackSpicerRules
11-13-05, 11:57 am
Your email also brought tears to my eyes :sorry: I am so sorry for your loss. She was a great piggie and she had a great owner. *hugs*

suzilovespiggie
11-13-05, 12:13 pm
Oh. Slap, I am so very sorry. I am crying with you. It is never easy to lose someone we love. The pain can be unbearable I know. I am here for you also. Keep your baby in your heart. She will be with you always. Suzi

Slap Maxwell
11-13-05, 02:07 pm
For anyone that would like to see, I was able to put together a quick video. This isn't my final one but made me feel better to make it.

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=i-lvvhs7fps

VoodooJoint
11-13-05, 02:31 pm
Jeez, Bailey. That was too touching for words. Now I'm crying too.

Sabriel
11-13-05, 02:48 pm
I'm crying too. She was so loved and happy. And young too as I recal. Poor Maia. :(

ScottandDebbie
11-13-05, 05:20 pm
Oh Bailey.... My eye makeup is running. Soooooo..... Sad.

Scott watched the video with me.
As soon as it was over he went over to our boy's cage and picked up one of the boys and gave him a kiss.

Hugs to you Bailey. My thoughts are with you.

Myspoiltpiggies
11-14-05, 02:04 am
I'm sorry about Maia. I recently lost Chico who was the only guinea pig I had who would just stand their while I pick him up - he also begged to be cuddled. The only other guinea pig who lets me do that is his daughter, Jewel. Your baby had a wonderful life in a nice big c&c cage.. there are so many pigs in much worse situations so she would have been happy.

ilovemykisses
11-14-05, 03:10 am
I'm so sorry about your little Maia. Many condolences and hugs. She was a gorgeous piggie.

cavy-cool-crazy
11-14-05, 06:26 am
Oh Bailey. That video was so beautiful. My face is all blotchy now from crying so much. I feel for you so much. When someone loses a piggy it feels as though I lose one of my own. Take care honey.

Gonzo
11-14-05, 09:53 am
Slap... I can't say how sorry I am. I have only now seen this, as I have been in mourning for Fluffy since Friday when he died. He was only four weeks old, and it's killing me. Especially since I was syringe feeding him 4 times a day. The hole left behind is so hard to fill. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a piggie for months or years and then lose them.

The video is touching. The music is so beautiful. There is just something about Cavys I can't figure out... how they touch your heart, how their innocence gives them a quality much greater than their size. It's especially difficult when one separates from the herd with a special bond, like allowing you to pick them up without running, or when one will come up to you and stand on it's hind legs, that makes you realize you have a relationship that only your and your piggie understand.

There is no consolation. Only moving on, remembering your dear piggie. I try telling myself that my other piggies are special, too. I know what Maia meant to you. Some are just irreplacable. Just remember... the life she had, YOU gave to her. You were her purpose, as she was yours. We steward the lives of these piggies, and through giving their lives meaning, we also give our own lives meaning. In a sense, we are their guardian angels. You did your job well!

ScottandDebbie
11-14-05, 10:01 am
There is just something about Cavys I can't figure out... how they touch your heart, how their innocence gives them a quality much greater than their size.

Gonzo... You said it perfectly. That is exactly how I feel about my boys.

Bailey... I have been thinking of you, hoping and praying that you are finding even a tiny bit of peace to fill that empty hole in your heart.

My thoughts are with you.