Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New forum member here

Melinda Pierce

Cavy Gazer
Hey y'all, I'm Melinda and I currently have 5 pigs, Checkers, Domino, Luca, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll have to get some good pictures for y'all to see some time.

I just have a quick question as well, As of right now, I have my pigs separated, two sisters in a cage together who have been together since birth and then three younger pigs in a different cage together(all females) and we want to move down to one cage. So my question is: what would be the best way to introduce the two groups to each other before moving them into the new cage together?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Here's the bible on pig introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html. Introduce them at a time when you've got hours to spend and won't have to rush things. It takes longer with groups of pigs than with two single individuals.

Make sure you've got a large enough cage for them all to live together.

new2piggs

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! I have a herd of 6 sows right now and two in quarantine. I have gone exactly by that link that [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] just gave you and have had no problems integrating the girls at all. It took me 2.5 hours for the last round (introducing a pair to my existing 4 sows) and that was just because my one Abyssinian rumble struts at EVERYTHING so she took her sweet time calming down.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I don't have any advice that hasn't already been said, but I wish you luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Like [MENTION=32120]jaycriae[/MENTION] said, I don't have any advice to add since my two girls came together and I've never had to intro any pigs before, but welcome to the forum/family!!! Can't wait to see those pigtures!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.