Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New owner!

missyannie

Cavy Slave
I introduced myself a long time ago when I was thinking about getting piggies. I had decided to wait a bit as I had just moved and was settling info a routine with my current furbabies.
But I am so excited to finally be adopting two guinea pigs. Found two adults being given away by there previous owner. I am beyond excited!
Right now I have four ferrets, one free roam rabbit, two ratties. I've always been really interested in guinea pigs so am stoked to add then to my furry family. I'm so excited to spoil them and love them like crazy.
I'll be getting them tonight!!

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

PotterThePiggie

Cavy Slave
How exciting! Good luck with the new fur baby additions and I'm looking forward to pictures :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

missyannie

Cavy Slave
Meet Oliver and Thor! They are very very skittish as they are likely nervous being in an unfamiliar place. Plus they were not socialized by the previous owner. But they are little sweethearts and I know they'll be happy in there forever home.

They are just in a temp cage but the cage they came with was no longer then my arm so they couldn't stay in there.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Very cute, and congrats on getting them! (By the way, I'm not sure what food that is, but food that's pellets mixed with colorful stuff is generally not the best! Timothy hay-based pellets without any weird junk in them is what adult pigs need, here we generally recommend Oxbow or KMS pellets.)

missyannie

Cavy Slave
Yes they came with horrible food ugh. I'm off to the pet store now to buy just regular pellets. It's that crap 'fruit' mix. I'm not even sure if they've been getting veggies but I'm excited to see them munch out lol

TheFurryFriends

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I have always been a bunny mom but when I saw two 5 year old girls posted for free on craigslist I became a piggy mom, too. I love my piggy girl Layla and am soon expecting two new additions, too. You'll do great, just keep doing your research and keep an open mind. I am constantly learning even though I've had them for two years now. They are in a much better place and I can't wait to watch them grow into well rounded piggies :) They're adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.