Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet Layla

TheFurryFriends

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and it's nice to be here! I haven't checked it out too much just yet but will of course make my way around.
I have one guinea pig currently, her name is Layla and she is 7 years old. I got her and her sister Lola two years ago, they were childrens pets and of course the kids had gotten bored of them. They lived in the tiniest cage and honestly, I don't like to think of how long they could've possibly been kept in there neglected before the mom decided to rehome them.

I hadn't ever had guinea pigs before these two girls, and never had a real desire to have them. I had bunnies, and hamsters, cats and dogs, but never a guinea pig. I decided to do some research and I learned so much about them. I built a C&C cage for them before I even brought them home.. then I drove the hour and a half each way to go pick them up. I fell inlove instantly.

This is Layla and Lola.

Lola passed away last year at 6 years old and I got them when they were both 5 years of age. I did look around to see if I could find an elderly guinea pig to possibly bond Layla with, but all I could find were younger ones. I wasn't really sure if I even wanted to continue the 'cycle' of having guinea pigs at that moment. We have since moved and I have totally decided to have more guinea pigs. In fact since I am involved in a lot of rescues, there are a few people I have met through facebook and one of them has her own rescue for guinea pigs. She posted a guinea pig saying that she was bonding her with another guinea pig and then she'd be available for adoption. I absolutely fell inlove with the guinea pig in the picture and told her that I wished! She said that she could arrange transport.. I was shocked and am now truly excited. I haven't ever had to bond guinea pigs before. I asked her to please bond the girly piggy with another before she transports them to me because if Layla was to pass I don't want to be stuck in this predicament again.

Anyways - not sure when they'll be getting here but hoping for an easy bond for the trio. <3

Here are some photos of Layla.

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Oh she is sooooo sweet!!! Welcome to the family!!! You'll find tons of people here that are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, especially with the introduction stage that you'll have coming up shortly when your new girls arrive. Again, welcome!!!!

new2piggs

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Layla is precious!!

PotterThePiggie

Cavy Slave
What a cutie! I'm so glad you decided to rescue all your piggies, that's awesome! And they are in good hands with you :) welcome and I look forward to seeing the new trio when they are all together ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFurryFriends

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys! I really appreciate all your kind words! I can't wait to have my trio, and hope the transition for Layla goes smoothly. She's such a good girl and I fell so inlove with piggies because of her and her sister Lola, who I miss very much.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome! They are both little beauties. Good luck with your new addition, I can feel your excitement :)

TheFurryFriends

Cavy Slave
Thank you, Lisa! Layla just peed on me and peed on the couch twice, just to show her love and affection towards me, lol. My two new piggies should be here in the next week or so, and I'm ecstatic!

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! Layla is adorable! Good luck with the new pigs!lol

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
She looks so cute, sorry if you mentioned this in your post but I kinda think shes due for a nail clip :) Good luck

TheFurryFriends

Cavy Slave
These are just random pics, not pics of her today, yesterday, etc.. but I have found her nails grow in very weird and I am not sure if it is because of the owners prior to me never cutting them. They always look super funky.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to pretty much the best piggie place on the planet. Your girls are adorable, my heart goes out to you for Lola. Your Layla, however, looks very similar to my new baby Punkin!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.