Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello all! New piggy mom needing tips

Renee91

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone! So glad to join. So I recently just adopted 2 piggies (previous owner had a dog and was afraid off piggies getting hurt). I adopted them for multiple reasons but the biggest one was because I really felt like I needed an emotional service pet. Just a loving pet that i could come home and enjoy. I´ve owned a piggy before when I was younger, but never had 2. I was giving all the supplies (bedding, cage, hay, etc). I did lots of reason but I still feel like such a new mom.
I´m always worried about them. Any tips on cages, and bedding. One thing I´m really confused about is bedding. Right now I have a fleece blanket and soft bedding in the cages but it seems like too much. I also am not sure about where to get the right coro for the cage or what to use as an alternative. All and all I need advice. I just want the best environment for my babies to live a nice life. My girls are so sweet. Please help a new mom. I can post pics of the cage so you guys/gals can see the current house.

Thanks all

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Congrats on being a new piggie owner and welcome to the forum! I agree that guinea pigs make wonderful emotional support pets. Do make sure they're used to you and their new home before you start cuddling them, though!
I'm not sure what you mean about the bedding, but coroplast can be bought on this site, or from sign shops. You could also use discarded political signs that are made of coroplast for smaller pieces- if you're in the U.S., a lot of those are being thrown out about now.

You've got the most important part of having pigs down, and that's loving your babies and wanting to do the best for them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renee91

Cavy Gazer
So by bedding I mean this

So im wondering do I just use fleece or both

Attachments

image.jpg

PotterThePiggie

Cavy Slave
Are you using that for the absorbent layer under the fleece or do you have another layer under the fleece to absorb? I'd put that under the fleece or pick up Uhaul/zorb/pee pad etc for the absorbent layer. Or if you prefer bedding than just the bedding in the cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.