Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

When will they learn....

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
I just wonder when will breeders learn? Ive been posting on a website I wont mention, a breeders website. I have been trying to educate them about not breeding or letting their children breed. As if a 6 year old can make an educated decision on whether to breed is even logical?

I just find it so sad that they play with their guinea pigs lives, for their own ''enjoyment'' which was the term they used themselves. They see breeding as a ''joy''. Yes im sure it is a joy once they loose a Gp.

Getting the right coat, seeing a baby born. Yes all ''apparently'' sugar coated facts. Im sure having a still born laying dead in a cage, or seeing your guinea pig die is all sunshine and rainbows too?

I just wish they would stop playing with their guinea pigs lives. Even if they kept them in a huge C & C, with the right food e.t.c. Breeding is still wrong. Why risk a 20 percent chance on your sow dying, all for YOUR own sheer enjoyment? All I have to say is wake up to yourselves.

I cant post this on the breeders website even though I feel like im going to explode and slap someone in the face for letting their 6 year old son even contemplate breeding for himself. You can only do so much. I think before I get banned from that website ill have one good rant before they can race to the button.

Thankyou all I just had to let off a bit of steam, there is only so much you can do before you've had enough.

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
Yes, there are times when we all need to let off steam and I understand your concerns.
I think it is rediculous that any parent lets their child breed any animal. Sadly children breeding guinea pigs seems to be actively encouraged in the UK by many of the breeding "fancy."

The children collect guinea pigs from breeders and shows like the average youngster collects CD's.
Oh well, there are always the rescue shelters to pick up the "fruits" of their hobby.

Barbara

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.