Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need a home

C

claudia prado

Need a home

My friend who owns a pet store in brentwood(Northern CA) Has two piggies that were surrendered to her just three days ago. She has not been able to find anybody to by them and she needs a good home for them as soon as it is possible. They are rust and black in color and they look to be about four to five months in age. One is a long hair and the other has short hair that resembles a bunch of mohawks. The person who surrendered them to her said that they had been a gift for her kids and that they soon got bored with them and did not want to take the time to take care of them or even handle them. I can not take them in so if anybody has any ideas that would help.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Need a home

Please also list them on the Cavy Classifieds: (broken link removed)

C

claudia prado

need a home

Thank you Teresa for your response. It is very helpful and by the way I forgot to mention that they are free to a good home.

C

claudia Prado

need a good home

Teresa-
Both pigs where adopted out the other day buya women who has had guinea pigs before. she took both because they had been brothers and felt that splitting them up wold be stressfull on them. I am happy that they found a wonderful home.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: need a good home

That's great.

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: need a good home

I don't think, in my opinion, that cavies or any pets for this matter, should be "free to good home." I think if a person actually purchases the pet, they will feel it's not a temporary pet, and should be cared for outrageously. If a pet is free, anyone can come and get the pet and pretend to give it to a good home, but I've seen one case before where this teenage boy went and adopted 5 baby puppies from a "free to good home" selling lady, and he took them to a pet store, sold them, and made over $500. That's despicable! But, this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are hundreds of people 'out there' who do actually care for their "free to good home pets."

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
True, too true.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.