PDA

View Full Version : Cage Amazon Cage

guineapigpalace
09-27-16, 09:52 pm
So I was searching online, comparing prices for exercise runs and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Modular-Add-Up-Animal-CW55801-Blue-Classic/dp/B01LX0IWSC/ref=sr_1_125?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1475034129&sr=1-125&keywords=pet%2Bplaypen&th=1

I know that it is far to small, but I think that it's amazing that the idea of a C&C cage is spreading. This cage appears affordable and if you bough 2 and mushed them together, fixed the ramps, and added coroplast then it would turn out to be a decent sized cage.

Thought it was a neat idea and will probably share it with people that want to get Guinea pigs but don't want to build their own cage.

bpatters
09-27-16, 10:01 pm
Those are the wrong grids to use for guinea pig cages. They've only got 8 holes across instead of 9, and pigs can get their heads caught in them.

guineapigpalace
09-28-16, 05:22 am
Oh, must've missed counted, but I still think the idea is cool. If only pet stores will have more cages like this

nikdarg
09-28-16, 08:19 am
I feel like it is a step in the right direction, though still far too small it seems. It would be great if pet stores took a hint and started selling proper grids (preferably with enough panels to actually house piggies comfortably) though. C&C cages are cheaper for the space, guinea pigs would get proper housing (hopefully), and the pet stores would still make money selling the supplies for c&c. We can only dream huh?

While I am imagining a perfect world, pet stores stop selling animals that aren't adoptions or rescues, they sell food and treats that are healthy for them, and stop selling stuff that can literally kill your pet like cedar shavings. Sigh...one day.

But hey, if c&c keep gaining mainstream popularity, who knows! That this exists at all, even if it isn't great, makes me a little more optimistic that someone will get it right in the future.

lisa325
09-28-16, 10:09 am
For mice and gerbils? lol Goodbye, it was nice knowing you.

nikdarg
09-28-16, 10:15 am
It says it was for mice and gerbils too? Oh lord...didn't see that. Haha yup they'd be gone. In two seconds.

bpatters
09-28-16, 10:37 am
Those cages from our sister site, Guinea Pig Cages Store, and the other accessories at the Market, fund this site. So when you're thinking about how much those cages cost, also consider what you'd have to pay for the information on this site if those cages weren't sold there.

koalamissy
09-28-16, 11:14 am
Those cages from our sister site, Guinea Pig Cages Store, and the other accessories at the Market, fund this site. So when you're thinking about how much those cages cost, also consider what you'd have to pay for the information on this site if those cages weren't sold there.
bpatters, I didn't remember that ordering from the cage and fleece store funded this forum. Now I'm really really glad I put in my order there. I didn't order the whole cage, but I did get the lid and the loft (and all the fleece products to start with) to keep the cats out. I was just thinking this morning that I forgot to get a fleece flipper for the loft, whoops, must go order that. I think I'll hold out putting the loft in till I get the flipper. I digress, thanks for that tidbit.