Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Your thoughts

Matthew Cullen

Cavy Gazer
My family lost our Piggy last week. It happened very quick, she was fine the day before, next morning she did not want to eat or move. We took her to the vets asap and they said it was gastric issues gave her meds and sent her home. Unfortunately i was away on business when this happened. She passed away later that day. We always second guess ourselves wondering was there signs that we had missed. We miss her with all our hearts. I would like to get another one but when is the best time? My daughter says it will not be the same, I told her that there will never be another Piggy, but that each animal has their own personality. If we do get another one should it be a young one or one from a rescue? Thank You for your time and thoughts

I'm so sorry!!! And if you want a young pig get a young one from the rescue, just don't buy one from a Pet Store.

I'm sorry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss. Was Piggy a solo pig? If so, you can get another whenever you feel ready. If Piggy left a cagemate, you should get a new one as soon as possible. I know that's hard. I just lost my pig a week ago today. :( but your remaining pig needs a new friend.

So sorry for your loss. Was Piggy a solo pig? If so, you can get another whenever you feel ready. If Piggy left a cagemate, you should get a new one as soon as possible. I know that's hard. I just lost my pig a week ago today. :( but your remaining pig needs a new friend.

She was the only piggy we had

She was the only piggy we had

If you're going to get one, get two. Pigs are herd animals, and are MUCH happier and more active when they've got a buddy in the cage with them.

Definitely go through a rescue or shelter, or even Craigslist, rather than purchasing one. Pet store pigs are bred and raised in horrible conditions, and are often sold ill, missexed, with parasites, and the baby sows are pregnant. Getting one from a rescue keeps you from participating in that horrible chain, and frees up a space for another pig who needs rescuing.

So sorry for your loss. I just got my two girls from a rescue three weeks ago and their personalities are starting to show more and more each day. I was told that they are both under 2 years old. I highly highly recommend using a rescue.

i would use a rescue as well or craigslist be careful of breeders on craigslist though just use your judgment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.