Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Two little guys...

Annakarin75

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

I'm brand new to this place, but thought I'd just poke my nose in. I am in a wee bit of a trouble.

Ok, let' start with Ziggy. He's a Peruvian anda ANGEL. i eman it, absolutely an angel. Godlen heart and so kind. I LOVE him.:love:

And sicne I felt bad about letting him be alone I went ahead and adopted another male, a white one. Extremely handsome fella as well. Introductions a few times went alright on the sofa. Neutral ground and all. And then total cleanout of the cage ensued. STRONG stuff to completely remove all scents of the two. Said and done. All hell broke looose in the cage. And it is still, after neutering sucessfully, still a pure circus from time to time. Ziggy is stressed, lost weight and is harassed by the other brat all the time, including bitemarks and being stuck in a corner. Tonight I had to get up and quite simply make a timeout for Jazz. He was set in the transport cage with food. He's back in now, but it was a breather because it was plain HELL. >(

I am seriously thinking this pairing will not work out at all. Pondering putting Jazz up for adoption and later on contact a local breeder and find a small baby female that Ziggy can raise as a friend.
Any ideas? Options?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Neutering doesn't affect behavior or personality. It only takes away the ability to reproduce. How old are your pigs?

I also need to ask how big your cage is? It could be a space issue.

Annakarin75

Cavy Slave
Ziggy's age is unknoiwn and Jazz is 8 months. Ziggy was so bullied he's lost quite a lot of weight. ATM they are in separate cages again. I just wish I coudl find the cages that some in the US and Canada have with those metal grids. Then I could have two square sections for them and still they'd have company! The cage that Ziggy originally had for himself is about 1 meter by 50 centimeters. Just over 3 feet long and 1.5 feet wide.

Anna-karin

Ly&Pigs said:
Neutering doesn't affect behavior or personality. It only takes away the ability to reproduce. How old are your pigs?

I also need to ask how big your cage is? It could be a space issue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.