Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Best way to add onto cage?

MeggMegg

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x5 that I'd like to add on to. I'm not sure the best way to do it. I have room for a 3x6. I've been told lofts aren't a good idea for boars, is this true?
How do most people to about adding on?
I have a stand and lid for the 2x5 and I'm just wondering how to go about adding onto the coroplast? Do I just fold it over on some parts so there's none as a wall on the front and one side of the cage? Or buy a whole new sheet of coroplast?
I have a piggy bedspread for a 2x5 that I'm not sure how to make that work for a 3x6? Fleece is very expensive so I'd like to avoid buying more if possible.
I already have an idea of how I'll add onto the cage itself, the stand and the lid. Hopefully it will be as easy as I'm planning 😊

I'm also hoping to order some plush beds and fleece forests, and maybe make a kitchen area. Any other suggestions? Toy suggestions? Poop vacuum suggestions?

I'm planning to house 2 boars in this cage once I rehome the 3rd one.

Should I even bother adding on to the cage?

Cathey191

Cavy Slave
It would be easier to just increase one side eg going to 2x6. You wouldn't even need for fleece as you could just turn the extra 1x2 into a hay room/kitchen. That way you just need coroplast and cut an entrance from the current room to the next. - this is just I would do

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

rotto77

Cavy Slave
You can use a smaller piece and either tape it from the outside or make a kitchen area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.