Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth Bean is eating thread

natashatl

Cavy Slave
(Idk if this shpuld go under teeth sorry) my mom helped me make bean a homemade hide with pillow and all earlier. She loves it shes currently napping in it. But when i first let her explore it she was ripping the side corners and pulling the thread out and eating it. (She does this alot to the strings on my couch pillows but sje never shows any issues about eating those but i obviously make her stop.) But bean was eating the thread and finally i stuck my hand in, bc she wouldn't listen when i said to stop, and tried to pull the thread away from her but she completely attacked my hand even when i moved it out of her hide she followed my hand and kept badly biting. Do you think its bad for her to eat the thread, she didnt have alot im just afriad she eventually will bc if im not there when she uses her hide she will probably eat more.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry, but you need to throw that hidey out. Not only will she eat the thread, but she'll eat the batting as well, and that can cause an intestinal blockage which could kill her.

Safe guinea pig "furniture" is made with fleece or something else that doesn't ravel.

natashatl

Cavy Slave
Sorry, but you need to throw that hidey out. Not only will she eat the thread, but she'll eat the batting as well, and that can cause an intestinal blockage which could kill her.

Safe guinea pig "furniture" is made with fleece or something else that doesn't ravel.
Oh ok thanks and about my other threaf i postef sorry i didn't see that it was 1 per pig and idk how to add more things to one post sorry ill find that out

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just click on the "reply to thread" button at the bottom of the thread.

natashatl

Cavy Slave
Just click on the "reply to thread" button at the bottom of the thread.
Ok cool thank you ill do thag next time [emoji3]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.