Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Configuration of C&C cage.

annasta111

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,
I am looking at redoing my C&C cage and adding a "wing" for my baby girls. Right now I have two girls in a 2x4 with a 2x2 loft that is offset so it only overhangs cage by one cube. I am looking at re-configuring my cage and adding a 2x2 off to one side. I would add length but size of room has me going a different direction. Now my question, I am looking at making the loft not offset and it covering 2x2 of a cage that would be more of an L shape cage. BUT cleaning under that 2x2 area would be tough, already hard for me to get into corner to clean with the offset. Any ideas on how I could make the loft removable or propped up somehow during cleaning without having to take cage apart? They seem to love their loft and would like to keep it that way.... Hope this made sense and thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Simpsonspiggie8

Cavy Slave
since you are expanding the cage anyway make only make the loft a 1x2 so it is easier to clean your piggies will still have plenty of room ! I had an l shaped c and c cage for awhile and i absolutely loved it except the back corner was always so hard to reach! idk if this will help you but this is what my old L shaped cage looked like! Configuration of C&C cage.

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
The parent site has "quick-detach connectors" that are AMAZING. I lift our 2x2 loft right off and set it aside to clean the 2x4 base and then replace it daily. I used the 2x2 loft as a travel cage for the last vet visit too. ;) lemme see if I can link the post I made a while ago when I first did it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
Ok, I found the thread, but it isn't what I thought, it was more making the loft a travel cage, not the actual connectors ... but here's some pics of the connectors.

((please pardon the poop, today's spot clean hasn't happened yet))

Configuration of C&C cage.

Configuration of C&C cage.

I have this set up on the 4 corners of the loft, the middle connectors just have the regular connectors on the loft and the base with the flat sides against each other, allowing me to only need one set of the quick detach connectors.

annasta111

Cavy Slave
Ok, I found the thread, but it isn't what I thought, it was more making the loft a travel cage, not the actual connectors ... but here's some pics of the connectors.

((please pardon the poop, today's spot clean hasn't happened yet))

I have this set up on the 4 corners of the loft, the middle connectors just have the regular connectors on the loft and the base with the flat sides against each other, allowing me to only need one set of the quick detach connectors.

I never knew they had those!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I am going shopping soon! Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for! So I can keep the loft my girls like so much AND I can clean more easily! Thanks!

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
It was like the heavans opened when I found them. Good luck and happy shopping

annasta111

Cavy Slave
We will be ordering them soon and yes the heavens opened up and angels started singing! Thank you! Until me connectors get here we figured out a new way to set up cage. Now gotta figure out how to post pictures...

annasta111

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

The new layout

rotto77

Cavy Slave
Nice job. Hope they enjoy it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.