Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Storage Areas Storage options for my junk?

bradishmc17

Cavy Slave
What type of containers are best to store they hay and pellets in under the cage? In my new cage we are using the extra pieces to make storage but I need some sort of bins to keep it all organized I would love to be able to keep my hay and each pellets separate (I have some extra young piggie food from when they were younger). As well as separating treats and some interchangeable toys and housing maybe as well as the fleece bedding and pellets. You know all the stuff you need to put the cage together care for the piggies and some extras for them. Any ideas? A friend suggested just going to the container store and looking there for some different bins. She knows how organized I am when it comes to my girls.

adonnelly517

Cavy Slave
You could get some of those fabric bins they make for the cubbies, the wooden ones that you can get at like Walmart and Target. I know dollar tree/store has some in right now where I live or you can go with some plastic baskets to store it in but if you want to keep most of it hidden from eyes when you have guest over I would go with the fabric bins. They are pretty big and comes in many colors and patterns to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotto77

Cavy Slave
You can try the container store. or something like a Home Depot/Loews. Some people store hay in a plastic tub. as long as it stays dry it stores pretty well. (I keep mine in the paper bags it comes for the pet store in) You can also use a cardboard box to store the hay. Link below to Guinea Lynx's hay storage age.

https://www.guinealynx.info/hay_storage.html

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I store hay in a linen lined wicker hamper (purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond). Pellets are in a large square plastic container with a locking lid and handle (purchased on Amazon but Target, WalMart, container store, etc. sell them). Fleece accessories, emergency meds, extra water bottles, etc. are in those under the bed plastic storage containers and stored under the table the cage is on (hidden by table cloth). I've been meaning to put a bathroom organizer type thing (but nicer b/c pigs are in my living/dining room) that the hay hamper fits under next to the cage. Those fabric storage bins holding the more used items would then go on the shelves.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.