Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here just saying hello with my girls

bradishmc17

Cavy Slave
I have currently 3 female piggies about to get a 4th and their names are:
Vixxie she is 6 months
Bella she is 4 months
and last but not least Thumper she is 3 months about.
Vixxie is a bit of a bully to Bella but they get along more often then not now they just have such different personalities that they clashed when they first met. Currently Bella is separated from her mates due to an injury that we just came across that we don't want getting worse. Thumper is our newest member shes super sweet and makes alot of noise, I am however worried when we pick her up she kind of squeaks like shes in pain but then calmly sniffs and licks you like nothings wrong. I'm still working on how im going to get Bella and Thumper to get along thy are having tiffs like Vixxie and Bella first did any tips?

Momma

Cavy Gazer
Hi.
I am in the middle of adopting 3 Guinea Pigs from a friend who is having to rehome them. I have never owned a Guinea pig, and I am afraid I may have bit off more then I can chew. What I do know about them is very little, so I am doing massive research. I know that I cannot separate them...it is hard on them. They are all boys. I am trying to figure out the best kind of cage for out space and still give them all they need.
I currently have 3 smaller dogs and a cat that thinks she is a dog.
These will primarily be homed in my 8 year olds room.
I am open to all the info you guys can give me...

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Be sure you've got a LARGE cage for four guinea pigs.

I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste, but there's a list of about five sites that you ought to visit and read. I post them pretty frequently, so maybe someone will find them and post them on here for you. I'll make a sticky of them when I get to a computer.

bradishmc17

Cavy Slave
I have built a C&C cage that my girls love to run around in. Bella specifically gets super noisy when she hears me rustling around with food and veggies. I would say keep them on a set schedule I clean my cage on Thursdays mostly unless it really needs a deep clean and I spot clean almost everyday. They have lots of toys and there is a hidy for each piggie. Lots of floor time!! My boyfriend likes to pull them up onto the bed and let them play on the bed while hes playing video games (of course im keeping an eye on them as well) they aren't to hard to care for Vixxie tends to be a little bit more grumpy with me as I keep bringing new friends in for her she spent about a month and half maybe 2 months alone before i went ahead and got her a new friend.

bradishmc17

Cavy Slave
That would be really helpful!! I'm just worried about them all getting along I noticed that when I finally introduced Bella and Vixxie in the play pin that they didn't get along super well but enough that I wasn't afraid of housing them together. But once they got into the big ol' cage together they got along great and have only had one really bad spat.

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.