Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites What other treatment can use to help Ninja

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
We have only had Ninja for 5 days, the night i got her i noticed she had scabs and white falkey stuff mostly behind the ears so i did a heap of google reserch and came to the conclusion it was caused by mites (she also has a few black spots like flees but they dont move) so on the advise from a vet ive treated her with Revolution. Last night i noticed she was scratching heaps, is there anything else that I can do for her?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
When did she have the Revolution treatment? It takes a few days for the mites to start to die off, and pigs are often itchier right after they start a treatment. But you can't use two different treatments at the same time. They're chemically similar, and you can overdose your pig.

In case you ever need it again, you can treat yourself with ivermectin for much cheaper than you can go to the vet.

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
I started it on Saturday. I went to a vet / pet store so i was lucky to get the advice free. I thought her itching might be due to the treatment, ill just let it do its magic thank you ��

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.