Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! Meet my piggies!

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
So I just recently acquired 5 bunnies ;)

I was doing research on them on cage options/care etc and came across videos on youtube about guinea pigs also. They were an animal to be honest I never gave much thought too... but fell in love with them whilst watching them on these videos. So I tried to do a lot of research and then went and adopted 5 brothers! :crazy::p I am having a blast taking care of all of these adorable sweet critters. :) My bunnies too awhile to come around to me but are good now. These 5 are still fairly skittish but are making leaps of progress everyday. I am so excited! I can't wait to learn more about them. Why are they so addictive??! I could go adopt 5 more. hahahaha

BY THE WAY.... THIS IS A TEMPORARY CAGE. ORDERED BOTH BUNNIES AND GUINEA PIGS THE LARGEST C&C CAGES WITH EXTENSIONS COMING ON MONDAY. I can't wait to set them up! They will be thrilled.

Okay so without further ado... here are my guinea piggy boys. lol

From front and then left-right. Bacardi (who is a biter bad boy!), Macgregor, Jameson, Burwell, and Carona. :p

They can't be in the dark, right? haha

and here are my buns (remember keep in mind.... I am getting new, better, and bigger cages!!!)

From front and then left to right... Demelza, Hermione, Varity, Esmerelda, and Weasley hehe

Such cute babies :)

I know this is mainly a guinea pig forum but I couldn't help but share both.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's fine to share your bunnies as well. There's a rabbit discussion thread on here.

You do know these guys require exotic vets, I hope. And that they're both scarcer and more expensive than small animal (dog and cat) vets, who often don't know how to treat them.

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
It's fine to share your bunnies as well. There's a rabbit discussion thread on here.

You do know these guys require exotic vets, I hope. And that they're both scarcer and more expensive than small animal (dog and cat) vets, who often don't know how to treat them.

So I've heard :) Theres actually a good local one to me!!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Save your pennies, then! You'll need a sizeable vet fund sooner or later.

The other thing I'd suggest is turning all your guinea pigs over and comparing their private parts to be sure they're all male. We've had many a pregnant guinea pig on here because someone was told that their new pigs were both male or both female. You should probably check the rabbits, too, if there's some way to do that. I know nothing about rabbit anatomy.

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
Save your pennies, then! You'll need a sizeable vet fund sooner or later.

The other thing I'd suggest is turning all your guinea pigs over and comparing their private parts to be sure they're all male. We've had many a pregnant guinea pig on here because someone was told that their new pigs were both male or both female. You should probably check the rabbits, too, if there's some way to do that. I know nothing about rabbit anatomy.

They all had originally came from petsmart... would they get their sex wrong you think? :-/

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
ABSOLUTELY! You wouldn't believe the number of missexed pigs that come from pet stores.

lissie

Cavy Slave

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
Wow, you must have a lot of money and free time caring for that lot! haha. Lucky you. Cute pets :)

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm trying to do as much reading up on everything as I can. :)

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Well I gotta tell ya, you need to read up on those bunnies! There isn't a c&c cage on the site big enough to house one. Better get an xpen and plan on bunny proofing an entire room. With 4 they are going to need a whole lotta room to roam. A bunnies cage should allow at least 3-4 big long hops worth of room and several hours a day to range a large space.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
WOW!!! You're going to be a very busy slave with such a large family. They are all very cute :love:

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
WOW!!! You're going to be a very busy slave with such a large family. They are all very cute :love:

Thank you! I love the work! I feed them in the morning when my 5 month old takes a nap and then spend time with them after he goes to bed. It works perfectly! :)

pouty

Cavy Slave
I LOVE YOUR FAMILY. Welcome to the forums. :) !!! I really want to see your cage when it comes in. I love seeing people's cages!!

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
I LOVE YOUR FAMILY. Welcome to the forums. :) !!! I really want to see your cage when it comes in. I love seeing people's cages!!

They are actually coming tomorrow! I can't wait to get them set up. I am so excited. haha I ordered a couple fleece cuddle cups, huts, and tunnels too! They are going to be spoiled even more. :)

pouty

Cavy Slave
They are actually coming tomorrow! I can't wait to get them set up. I am so excited. haha I ordered a couple fleece cuddle cups, huts, and tunnels too! They are going to be spoiled even more. :)
I want to see I want to see!!

im currently learning how to sew stuff for my piggies and I'm making a liner for my friend's piglet

if you lived near by id make you a liner also!

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
I want to see I want to see!!

im currently learning how to sew stuff for my piggies and I'm making a liner for my friend's piglet

if you lived near by id make you a liner also!

Bunnies in new cage :)

Piggies :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.