Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Nightlight??

JinATL

Cavy Slave
This might sound crazy but do any of you leave a nightlight on for your piggies? I read that they don't see well in the dark and I don't want them to be afraid at night.

They're not afraid of the dark.

Whenever I come home at night and peep in at the boys, they are usually out snuffling around in the dark and give me the stink eye for bugging them.

I work second shift, so I come home at anywhere from midnight to 3 in the morning.

I honestly never even thought that they would want a light on at night since they don't seem to have any trouble navigating around when I'm there.

Especially in the winter months I usually leave a light on for them until I go to bed. I have a pretty big window in my bedroom so they get lots of afternoon light. I also keep it 60-65 degrees F in my room. My wife thinks it's funny my pigs go to bed with me and wake up with me. I also have noticed my girls are approaching a year in August and tend to really sleep like me. However the boys-I can hear them at night with their water bottles. It's really a preference thing. Like bpatters said they aren't afraid of the dark.

every time i turn off the light to go to bed, my 2 boys always start to run around the cage. They seem so happy that i hear them hit their head on the litter tray when they popcorn :) I think it just really depends on the guinea pig. Mine seem to love the dark.

Yes, we like to snuggle.

My guinea pigs prefer to have some time in the dark because all day they are in the light.

Okay, now I get it.

I have a small plug in night light, probably more so that I don't stumble in the dark :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.