Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi I have a question?

C

Cairn6

Hi I have a question?

We adopted 2 female guinea pigs Lilly and Lisa from the SPCA about 4 months ago. The oldest Lilly is about 1 yr old and the younger Lisa is 6 months. When we hold them they snuggle up just fine and relax they don't mind being held. But when we walk in the room they still scurry and hide. I was wondering how long or if it will ever change that they will see us as being friends and not get so frightened. They have recognized us as the ones that give them goodies. When they hear voices they make what we call their wee wee noise. I want to do whatever I can to make them relax. And one more question is it possible for a guinea to get too fat or do they regulate themselves? Should you always be free feeding or do some guineas over do it? The older guinea Lilly seems like she is getting very plump. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And on a side note those C&C cages are the greatest I love ours!!

A

AngelicumCavy

Nina, better go to "Genereal Chat"

You may find significant answers there than here, it's visited everyday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.