Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos We're back from forum hiatus! An update on the piggles.

kanojochan

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone,
I've been gone from the forums for a little while and just came back around. It's nice to be back!

Since I've last been here our little family lost Buns to a sudden illness. She SEEMED perfectly healthy and normal one night, and the next morning she wasn't. It was a very long 2 weeks of vet visits, treatments, and recovery and crashes. Eventually, the hard decision to euthanize was made.

The remaining two pigs, Chiffon and Baggles, are doing fine. They don't seem distressed by the loss of Buns - if anything, they seem to have grown a bit closer.

In the last month my boyfriend and I have moved. The arrangement of the new house is different so their 2x6 pen was downsized to 2x4. They seemed to notice the change and Chiffon started chewing on the bars a lot, so I moved some things around and expanded it to 2x5. Hopefully she's not as stressed anymore. I have yet to see much popcorning and laps being run. A 2x5 still seems so small, even if only 1 grid length less than 2x6... :/

The current 2x5 arrangement.
20160517_104024.jpg

Chiffon says hi! Or is more likely hoping for snacks. Baggles is having none of the camera sounds so he's taken shelter in the back.
20160517_103816.jpg

Snack time - mini tomatoes~!
20160517_104220.jpg

20160517_104214.jpg

guineapigsxo

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! I am so sorry for your loss though. Run free little one :love:

Your piggies are adorable! Though I may be biased because they look like 2 of mine. lol And I love how your cage looks! It's simple but it looks very nice. Do the shavings work well for you? I'm thinking of switching to it in one of my cages.

kanojochan

Cavy Slave
Thanks @guineapigsxo! I do like the pine shavings. As you can probably tell, some stray shavings will unavoidably get here and there around the floors. But I like how clean the cage looks with it since the poops get hidden as they mix in, and urine dries out really quickly so there's no odor. No spot cleaning the cage multiple times a day, no extra laundry to do. It works great for me! :) I hope it works out for you too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.