PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow guinea lovers! I come in peace

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:26 am
Wow, let me start out by saying, you all have gorgeous piggies and wish I could kiss on everyone of them haha!
I'm so excited, tomorrow night I will be adopting a piggy for the first time in.... 15 years, wow.. that made me feel old.
I owned a guinea named Mr. Pig when I was 10 years old.. he was so awesome and gave me so much love and companionship. However, he was the first pet I had experienced loss with. I had come home from a friend's and he was bundled up in the corner of his cage, almost non responsive. I took him out and wrapped him up in a blanket, after about an hour of holding him and petting him, he passed away in my arms. It was really hard for me to loose a buddy I had grown so attached too. He was only 2 years old. It was too long ago for my to remember many details so it may have been caused by anything. A typical 10 year old doesn't read up on signs of respiratory infections or possible illnesses. So, this time around I'm making sure I can provide for my little guy/girl in the best way possible.
Over the years I have owned everything you can imagine, from winged to fluffy to scaley all big and small. I do animal research just for fun ever since I was young.
Right now, I have a tabby cat named Luna Lovegood, a husband, 2 daughters and a son!
In January of this year I was diagnosed with postpartum dilated cardiomiapothy (heart failure) .. this journey at 25 years old has been life changing and unexpected in the least. Anyways, with my heart only working at 20% I now stay at home all the time. Giving me lots of time to spend with a new fluffy friend!!
I can't wait to meet him/her tomorrow! I look forward to getting to know everyone and their little piggies.
Sorry for the novel!!
-Jessica
Here are some photos from the owner I am adopting from:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160516/523b29fba318cc7a74587e5c303259bb.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160516/93d7d362525df81524104b06bd7c59d8.jpg
I'll be working on upgrades for him/her real fast!
Thanks for reading!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

amanda_cake
05-16-16, 11:33 am
Gorgeous pig! Welcome to the forum!

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 12:42 pm
Thanks!

Kenna18155
05-16-16, 12:51 pm
Aaaah, such a cutie! Are you planning on getting a friend for your new pig? They can easily get lonely without a buddy, even if you provide lots of attention.

He/she's so adorable and fluffy! I hope everything goes well, and remember to ask if you have any questions. Everyone on the forum is very knowledgeable and helpful about all things piggy ^^;

lunarminx
05-16-16, 01:01 pm
I love all the fluffy hair! good luck with the piggy and your medical condition!

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:02 pm
Thanks! Yes, we do plan to get another :)
Once I do, I'll have lots of questions , quarantine and introduction ect.
I've also ordered a c&c 2x4 last night. I've read through the fleece forums so I know how to prepare the fleece before I use it. Fortunately, we have TONS of no-tie fleece blankets already that have been washed 100 times. They will be perfect!

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:03 pm
Also have a nice list of foods and the moderation levels they should receive them!

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:05 pm
I love all the fluffy hair! good luck with the piggy and your medical condition!
Thank you! I haven't gotten to see him/her yet... not until tonight. I'm going out today to get better supplies for her. I read through the food nutrition (pellets in particular)

lunarminx
05-16-16, 01:22 pm
Thank you! I haven't gotten to see him/her yet... not until tonight. I'm going out today to get better supplies for her. I read through the food nutrition (pellets in particular)

Hay is more important as it is 80% of their diet, they need it unlimited 24/7.

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:26 pm
[emoji4]

lady.jenila
05-16-16, 01:27 pm
I meant it as I know less about pellets which is why I am trying to find a good nutritional brand

lunarminx
05-16-16, 02:20 pm
I meant it as I know less about pellets which is why I am trying to find a good nutritional brand

Oxbow is the best to in most stores.

bpatters
05-16-16, 02:25 pm
The only pellets we recommend are Oxbow and KMS Hayloft (available only online, has less calcium than Oxbow).