PDA

View Full Version : Sick Help! Possibly sick.

amp2375
05-03-16, 09:13 am
I just noticed this morning that my guinea pig was making a very odd sounds when she breathes. Its not constant, but ofteb enough to cause worry. But she is eating normal, no crusty eyes or anything else. She has had a cold before where she was clicking,& was all crusty. But this seems different.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

bpatters
05-03-16, 09:27 am
If you only noticed it right after she was eating, she may still have a bit of food in her mouth or throat that's causing it. Keep a close eye on her.

But if you're hearing it more often than that, then I'd get her a vet.

amp2375
05-03-16, 09:46 am
I think I may have gotten worried too fast. I haven't heard the noise in awhile. I think she may have had a food piece stuck, because I heard a loud cough(like trying to get it to come up) & now there's no noise. Still will keep an eye in her though. ☺

amp2375
06-30-16, 11:09 pm
One of my pigs has just finished a THIRD ROUND of antibiotics &amp; is STILL sick. On this last round they uped her dosage &amp; extended the medicine. She's still sneezing, clicking,&amp; has a whistling nose. I'm SO frustrated &amp; have no clue what to do. Any suggestions?...<br />
<br />

bpatters
06-30-16, 11:20 pm
Are you seeing an exotic vet?

She may need a nebulized antibiotic. Stronger meds can be given that way, and sometimes that's the only thing that will get rid of a stubborn URI.

What med(s) has she been on? What strength? What dose? For how long?