Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Anyone here from Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, for a vet recommendation?

MalaM

Cavy Slave
I am wondering if anyone here has a recommendation for a vet in Kitchener-Waterloo, even if it's little bit further like Cambridge or Guelph. I would be interested to know. Thank you.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I have had really good experiences with campus estates animal hospital in Guelph. Specifically Dr. Morin and Dr. Pascos.

They are the vets that I have used for the past 3 years since I've been at the University of Guelph. My roommate also uses them for her rats.

They are extremely friendly and I have been pleased with their knowledge and skills. I've had a few different issues with my pigs and they have always done a great job treating them. I have a stone pig who is a regular patient there and I had a sow who recently passed who had malocclusion issues and was getting monthly molar trims. They always did a great job with her teeth and recommended the appropriate diagnostics.

They definitely are not the cheapest vet, the prices at the University clinic may be better, but I really love the atmosphere at campus estates and they know my pigs well. Proper exotic animal care is crazy expensive around here anyway!

miniver

Cavy Slave
Prices are crazy around here. A check-up usually costs me $98 and a recent UTI totaled $1,200 from start to finish. I'm up in Newmarket but I've taken one of my girls to the Small Animal Clinic at the U of Guelph for tests. They were great. The various animal and agricultural programs at U of G make it a great area for exotics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.