Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Checking My Math (measurements)

basicpiper

Cavy Slave
Okay, so I'm upgrading my piggies to a 2x5 C&C cage, but I have the grids that are 8 squares across. To compensate and make them safe, I want to make the sides 8 inches high instead of 6. I made the calculations of how big my coro will have to be, but I just want to make sure it's correct before I cut it and ruin it somehow.

It will have to be at least 44" wide and 87" long for the base. I'm thinking about a 2x1 loft so if I do that, it will need to be 44" wide and 30" long. Annnd that makes the total, minimum amount of coro 88" wide and 117" long.

Does that sound right to you? :?:

Thanks!

PiggyPrints

Cavy Slave
Uhmm.. Way I remember doing it is you find out length x width, then add your sides, times two. So if you want 8" sides, you add 16(eight for each side).

Regular grids are 14" long--does that apply to the 8square ones?

I'd do the same for the loft, but separate if you can because most shops only carry the 4' by 8'

Hope that helps! If you give me the complete measurements, including what each grid is, (like normal is 14" each grid), ID be happy to help out more

Editting to add; how many pigs and genders? Some won't get along of in a small area

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pigger123

Cavy Slave
A 44"x87" and a 44"x30" piece would be a total of 44"x117". You calculated the total for twice as much as you would need.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.