Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnant??

• Thread starter Honey and Dutchess
  • Start date
H

Honey and Dutchess

Pregnant??

Help!!! My female guinea pig has gotten considerably larger within the past month from her mid-section to her rear. My other guinea pig is a female or at least that's what I was told and thought, but now I'm not so sure. Could someone please tell me some signs of a pregnant guinea pig!!....She hasn't been acting the same either....I've also looked at websites and I haven't found one that seems to show what the signs of pregnancy are.....
Please Help Me
Very Concerned,
HoneyandDutchess

D

desiivy

Re:pregant??

Time will give you the answers.
I hate to say it but really unless you know, what to feel for it hard to tell
Over the years I have learned how to feel, them out, I see you posted this on 3-1-03,and said she is already getting fatter. & today 3-28-03,
so if your sow is pregnant then you should be able to tell just by looking at her, or maybe, feeling just under her tummy. about 5 weeks pigs start to "Show" after that the real fun starts, I think so anyway. Be sure to spoil your sow as she is doing all the work. babies are cute. but, the Mommy’s were here first. How old is your sow? If she is over 12 months & never had a litter then take her to the vet. Most Guinea pigs do fine at giving birth.

Also, if you decide that you don't want to keep the babies, then I would start looking for good homes.
Please::( don't wait. those ended up in bad places.
Let me know, desiivy

C

cavylover16

Re: Re:pregant??

you can feel her tummy and feel babies moving around maybe 2 or 3 weeks before she's due. She should look like she swallowed a softball. Some pigs are pregnant but don't show the whole time and their owners are amazed at waking up and finding 3 pigs or more.

You really need to either wait it out, and check for more signs or bring her to a vet to actually find out if she is pregnant, and to sex the other pig to make sure they are both female.
the very easy way of telling is comparing do they look the same down there? in the private area? or around the same? males have tiny winky's and females have a Y shaped flap of skin.

oh yeah, if you do wait it out, check her nipples she should have bigger nipples and lose hair around them so the babies can find them. that is another sure way of telling, along with her getting huge.
does she eat normally? as in does she eat more than normal or ??? How long ago did u buy her and the other pig you can try to calculate it all. What type of diet do you feed her? sometimes pigs get overweight and look pregnant. but, just check the signs. Or bring to a vet. keep us updated! good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.