Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Grids from this site vs. Target, Walmart, etc.

Aledenra

Cavy Slave
I'm in the middle of planning my expansion. Does anyone know if the quality of the grids available for purchase from this site are better than those you can get at regular stores? I can't figure out why they are so much more expensive.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
I haven't gotten grids from this site, I just use ones from kmart, and they work fine. I even have a 2grid high cage stand and I don't have any problem with them.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I use the whitmore white 4 cube pack from walmart.com. I couldn't find grids in any stores around here, so I had to order them online. But shippings free if you have them shipped to the Walmart store near you and you go pick them up. And the whitmore ones were the best bang for your buck. But I also specifically wanted white. I know bed bath and beyond sells a black 4 cube box for $20 in store.

The grids in the market are way more expensive then walmart sells them, and they come as the whole cage. I found it much cheaper to just find and build my own materials. Though the market cages are probably good if you prefer a nicer, neater looking cage build. My own cage is a bit shoddy craftsmanship, especially where the coroplast cutting is concerned, as I suck at building anything, but it does the job.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I use the whitmore white 4 cube pack from walmart.com. I couldn't find grids in any stores around here, so I had to order them online. But shippings free if you have them shipped to the Walmart store near you and you go pick them up. And the whitmore ones were the best bang for your buck. But I also specifically wanted white. I know bed bath and beyond sells a black 4 cube box for $20 in store.

The grids in the market are way more expensive then walmart sells them, and they come as the whole cage. I found it much cheaper to just find and build my own materials. Though the market cages are probably good if you prefer a nicer, neater looking cage build. My own cage is a bit shoddy craftsmanship, especially where the coroplast cutting is concerned, as I suck at building anything, but it does the job.

They also sell grids by the piece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.